Best Bass Headphones for under 200$
Jul 19, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #16 of 30
Bass is heavily reliant on acoustic properties and "Seal" of the headphone. This is one of the big reasons the Sony headphones have big, huge pads.

Taking "looks" into account.. for a good, bassy headphone.... it's honestly extremely hard to think of a good one for less than $200...
The V-Moda M100s sound like what you would want.. but cost more than what you're willing to spend.

IEMS would honestly be best.... Monster Turbine Pro Coppers would fit all your requirements... except for being IEMs.
Decent mids and highs, amazing bass, good looks, extremely efficient and works with iphone directly, and under $200.

Sony MDR-XB500 has everything except looks... Lol

But monster turbine pro coppers will sound much better than the XB500s and still have amazing bass.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:
Bass is heavily reliant on acoustic properties and "Seal" of the headphone. This is one of the big reasons the Sony headphones have big, huge pads.

Taking "looks" into account.. for a good, bassy headphone.... it's honestly extremely hard to think of a good one for less than $200...
The V-Moda M100s sound like what you would want.. but cost more than what you're willing to spend.

IEMS would honestly be best.... Monster Turbine Pro Coppers would fit all your requirements... except for being IEMs.
Decent mids and highs, amazing bass, good looks, extremely efficient and works with iphone directly, and under $200.

But monster turbine pro coppers will sound much better than the XB500s and still have amazing bass.

+1. You get all of my yes. 
   The bass on these things is visceral. Powerful, punchy, booming, and it isn't muddy. This is an IEM that is worth recommending. But with a budget like yours? Look away unless you plan to buy used.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #18 of 30
+1. You get all of my yes. 
   The bass on these things is visceral. Powerful, punchy, booming, and it isn't muddy. This is an IEM that is worth recommending. But with a budget like yours? Look away unless you plan to buy used.

Amazon warehouse deals, "Like-New" for $186.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002EL4RIO/sr=8-1/qid=1374217968/ref=olp_prime_used?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&condition=used&me=&qid=1374217968&seller=&shipPromoFilter=1&sort=sip&sr=8-1

Brand new one with in-Line Mic for $229.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Copper-Turbine-Headphones-ControlTalk/dp/B002NTMHU2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374217968&sr=8-2&keywords=Monster+Turbine+Pro+Copper

And monster gives a "Lifetime" warranty with these... with 1 free "I screwed up..." replacement.

It's hard to beat.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #19 of 30

Thanks for the tip! The only reason I don't want IEM's is because I usually lose them LOL... But I'll check em out and decide if I either want to buy the XB500's or the IEM's...

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #20 of 30
Thanks for the tip! The only reason I don't want IEM's is because I usually lose them LOL... But I'll check em out and decide if I either want to buy the XB500's or the IEM's...

Understandable. Lol
The Turbines come with a very nice pouch, though. So that might help. And their shiny-ness makes you want to take better care of them....
At least that's how it is with me.

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #21 of 30
Understandable. Lol
The Turbines come with a very nice pouch, though. So that might help. And their shiny-ness makes you want to take better care of them....
At least that's how it is with me.
I checked their price in my country and their price was like 250$ so if you don't have any other suggestion Tyen I think I'm gonna buy the Xb500's with a Fiio E6 :)

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:
I checked their price in my country and their price was like 250$ so if you don't have any other suggestion Tyen I think I'm gonna buy the Xb500's with a Fiio E6
smily_headphones1.gif

Good luck with the purchase! Oh yeah, and have fun with those pillows!

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #25 of 30
Another headphone you may want to check out is the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro.  I have a pair and really enjoy them.  I haven't compared them head to head with any other headphones except my Klipsch Image One's.  I am sure there are other headphones out there with better soundstage, imaging, mid-range, highs, or "accurate" bass, but they are enjoyable for my tastes.  I am looking to compliment them with a more audiophile style headphone, but I really enjoy the full bass sound.

My 2 cents :)
[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:
How about the XB500's? I Searched for "Best Bass Headphone" on Head-Fi and lots of people on the forums said that they had great bass. Do you know any EQ app for the iPhone that can Bass Boost all the sounds(Not just the Music App)? And also do you know any Equalizers that are small and portable, since that would probably produce more bass?

All EQ apps have to play music from them that I know of
Quote:
The Fiio E6 is a small portable amp with two levels of bass boost. You plug it directly into your iPhone's headphone jack. It costs around $25 or so.

I'd go with the Z02 if bass is really important or a Sony player like I said, and I don't like that the E06 wont do USB audio. The E06 (I own) has 2 bass boost, a little boost and holy mid and high reducing muddy mess. Something like the the E07k or the E17 have 5 way up or down bass and treble boost's but they get a little muddy on the 4 and 5 setting's but better than the E06. For you though I think the Z02 would be the best it is made to boost bass.
Quote:

If bought from a authorized retailer they have a free replacement one time if you lost them
Quote:
I checked their price in my country and their price was like 250$ so if you don't have any other suggestion Tyen I think I'm gonna buy the Xb500's with a Fiio E6
smily_headphones1.gif

Not to be a negative Nancy but I didn't really like the XB500's my friend got a pair and at higher volumes they seemed to distort and they were muddy sounding, yes they had a lot of bass but I would prefer impactful slightly one noted bass over the XB500's super deep boomy bass and extremely recessed mid's and high's. I'd go for the Pro700 MKII, M100/LP2 or IEM's.

Jul 12, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #29 of 30
The JBL synchros s700's have the best bass I have heard from headphones hands down !! They have some of the best sound, and bass and they have a nice design !The only good thing beats has is bass, and it's a muddy bass, these JBL synchros have hard hitting powerful punchy bass, and great sound quality. JBL is the sister company of Harmon kardon which is a respected audio brand !

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #30 of 30
Okay don't judge but I am a basshead freak on a small budget. OK I have a pair of Skullcandy crushers. you know the headphones that crush the bass but sacrifice quality sound. Well I have blown one of the drivers and I've Been thinking, what if you put a high quality driver in it. So here Iam trying to see if I wasn't the only person with this idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back