best BASS headphone?
Sep 13, 2002 at 6:51 PM Post #16 of 22
dont let u fool Hagen. the senheiser hd25 is the best dj headphone ever. not as bulky as all those beyerdynamc, sony etc cans. really durable and every single piece replaceable. besides very good sound quality which is slightly on the bassy side.

Sep 14, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #17 of 22
If you're using these headphones for DJing, I would probably stay away from the Beyer DT-770s. I've never used them, but from pictures it looks like the earcups are so large that you would have trouble resting one behind your master ear. However, if you mix with both earcups on at all times, this wouldn't be an issue.

I would recommend Sony V6s for under $100 and Beyer DT250s for $100-$200 range.

nate

Sep 14, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #19 of 22
*grabs 770pro and sticks on head*
*puts one earcup behind ear*
*pretends to 'mix it up'*

works fine here
smily_headphones1.gif

The 770 is also probably as close to indestructable as I've encountered.. you could do some serious damage if you threw them at someone.

Guyferd:
To my ears the 770 has better soundstage than the 250-80, but I don't know about the 250-250, and the 531 has much better soundstage than both the 770 and the 250, but none of the isolation
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #20 of 22
I should try testing my 770's out on a train and see how well they do at isolating all that noise out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2002 at 11:19 AM Post #21 of 22
ive never seen any dj mixing with beyerdynamic. and that isnt because they r all fools dunno whats it about...there r reasons for that. and the sennheiser hd25 is undoubtly THE Dj headphone. can those beyerdynamic split their bands and thus have a superb grip on ur head like the hd25?

the sound quality of beyerdynamic might be better than the sennheisers hd25, but the hd25 is just the better overall product for djs with nice thought out details.

Sep 15, 2002 at 4:26 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Yes, I've heard the Beyer's on several occassions. The Beyers are similar in a lot of ways to the A100Ti, particularly the bass response. Dusty Chalk called the 770 Pro/CD3000 contest a tie, pending a rematch, but my vote went to the CD3000 (then again, I've heard it with different amps). Both the Beyers and the A100Ti are particularly strong in the upper bass, where most rock bass is. However, the CD3000 extends deeper into the low bass...to the point where you're feeling instead of hearing it.

Well, we had our rematch and...it's more of a "draw" than a "tie". I'll explain: the CD3000 is a low impedance headphone and, IMHO, was better on headamps designed for low impedance headphones (the EAR w/low-Z out, Earmax Pro). The DT770 is a higher impedance headphone and won on the Moretto (again, IMHO). There is no doubt that the CD3000 is an excellent bass headphone. Well amped (and with the right tubes! I did not find out just how important this is until yesterday [always knew it was important, but not that important]), the CD3000 is a basslover's wet dream. Deep, tuneful, tight, musical. Yup, I want a pair of these now. But I need to start unloading some of my many headphones first.

EDIT: I did not like the DT770 with the EAR in the high-Z output (and with the particular set of tubes that were in there, which were tuned for bass in other headphones). It was just too much of a good thing. I don't doubt that a better combination could be accomplished with other tubes, just not with the current set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back