Best "bass-head" headphones with balanced sound
Nov 18, 2019 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

KingofWisdom

New Head-Fier
Don't tell me to use the search function. I've been wracking my brain going through threads and I have not come up with an answer to what I am looking for.

I'm looking for headphones that are bass heavy with good quality bass that are as close to balanced as possible. I realize that what I ask for may not seem possible, which is why I said "as close to balanced as possible". Price range is up to 500 USD, and I prefer over ear. I previously used AKG K550's because I wanted a balanced sound at the time, and I enjoyed them, but I want something with more bass. I don't really care if they're open or closed back, as long as it meets my other criteria. I would like to use these at least sometimes for movies or video games, so I don't want the mids to be recessed enough for me to have issues hearing dialogue. I'm not a person who has money to throw around so I can't buy up a dozen headphones and test them all myself. I stress that I have searched for an answer and I can't really find what I'm looking for.

I would prefer recommendations for headphones that aren't long out of stock, because then that means I either have to go through Amazon (and risk buying fakes) or I have to hope to god someone on here is selling a pair. I would also prefer to not be recommended low end headphones, because in most cases you have to spend more than $100 to get audiophile headphones.

I'm looking at the V-MODA Crossfade LP2's right now, anyone who has used them is welcome to chime in.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound like a jerk, I just want suggestions from people who think they can recommend me what I'm looking for. Please.

In short: I'm looking for audiophile quality headphones with good quality bass that don't have super recessed mids. Preferably over ear and up to 500 USD (all though I'd consider splurging for the right pair of headphones).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back