Best bass freak cans under 110
Jul 14, 2005 at 7:37 AM Post #16 of 43
DT770-80, used on ebay Frequently sell for under $125... dont even bother with anyhting else... Note that there is more to them than just bass however (foreward mids and a moderately spatious soundstage), so if hes after a big fart cannon... look elsewhere.

Second place goes to the K240s-55. Superb bass slam and clarity actoss the spectrum, forward mids too. Theyre open however.

Garrett

Jul 14, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
If you want a lot of bass under $100, you should check out the AKG 240s. I think it has too much bass personally, particularly upper bass, but if that's your thing...

For lower bass (and not that much of midbass), go with the hd280 pro. Imo more bass than dt770pro/250 and other cans I tried. Or try hd265 ... and hear only bass with almost nothing else.
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #20 of 43
Sony MDR-V6 or 7506 is great for bass heavy music. You should check these two cans out for him. They can be purchased for less than 80 dollars. I highly recommend the V6.

Jul 14, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #21 of 43
I had the Senn Hd555, and when I plugged it into my receiver, i turned the basso n the receiver up, and the bass on my eq on my Zen Touch up, and then I turned the volume up, and BOOM, it was really SHAKING, like a sub woofer.
eek.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #23 of 43
now that i've managed to pry the HD212's from my bro i have to agreee with him on the lack of bass department, or to be more precise lack of impact bass. the phones have good extension however the impact just isnt there. Granted all of this is being played on the various MP3/CD players around the house they (from JVC to iRiver and everything inbetween) maybe i just have bad CD player (15 of them) but thats my take. anything that has HARD impact as well as extension as a suggestion would be appreciated thx for all your help guys

Jul 14, 2005 at 9:28 PM Post #25 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Sony MDR-V6 or 7506 is great for bass heavy music. You should check these two cans out for him. They can be purchased for less than 80 dollars. I highly recommend the V6.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Exactly what he said. The V6 would be perfect if he wants bass, and they dont look bad (he might say he doesent care but he really does)

Jul 15, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #26 of 43
Senn cans tend to need quite a bit of burn in. Try running them fairly loud with bassy music for a couple of days...

If that doesn't work, have him save up some cash ($200) for the Super.Fi 5 EB

Jul 15, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk

I'll second the Sonys for being a good bargain and a bass monster on top of that.

The Koss Porta Pro would be another good one for lots of bass at around $50.

Next level is the already mentioned Beyerdynamic DT 770-80.

Jul 15, 2005 at 1:07 PM Post #28 of 43
Just a thought, but I have Senn HD-490s. They have riduculous bass, but not much else. They are pretty dark, and they sound like you have the megabass/bass boost on even when you don't. They are also open (no can reflections) and are fairly comfortable.

Jul 16, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #29 of 43
does anyone know how the Sony XD300's(actually i would find the XD400's for him) compare to the V7506's in bass? also about the ampage he wont have the amp now and its a bit of a pain that all of these phones "need" (not all but some) an amp just to play well when my old JVC HA-D810's could literally kick the livin #$@% out of the Senn. HD 212's without an amp(i know i didnt burn them in but i guess i feel that a good pair of bass headphones shouldnt need it all the time) also if anyone knows where i could get a set of JVC HA-D810's or HA-D990's i would forever be in your debt ( the ones i spoke of are broken and they were my fathers and he loved them so it would be nice if i could replace them since JVC says they didn't have any........liars) thnx for the help guys this iss the most helpful forum i've ever been too (WOOT)

Jul 16, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aita
dont know if hes a superbasshead so much as an airhead but then again thats what all these kids want knowadays bass in their car, bass in the house, and now bass on the ears (for anyone who knows about car audio he has a kicker solo baric L7 18" subwoofer in his car and it is LOUUUUUUUD which is probably why he wants such bassy headphones because he's dimmed his hearing) (had a hearing checkup its fine......for now)

18"? I didn't think that Kicker made that silly concept in anything larger than a 15".

If he is after midbass, which is typically all that comes out of large woofers in small sealed cabinets, then Grado will be his thing. If he wants huge quantities of bass from low bass to upper bass, the DT770 pro has no peer. They should be drivable with the boostaroo, or any old receiver with a headphone jack (since you said that quality was not a concern). The Beyers are very sealed, while the Grados are open.

gerG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back