Best Bass for a 50-80$ value
Apr 25, 2010 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

mothot

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone
as you can probably see i am new here but after reading a couple of threads
on this forum i just had to register since i am a huge fan of music i like hearing it 4-8 hours a day
L3000.gif

now to my main point i am currently looking for a new pair of headphones for myself the music i hear is Electronica, House and sometimes i hear Techno music
im really looking for an earphone that can handle the hard bass i put most of my songs
on equalizer with bass at the top
and at high volumes i get a buzz sound because the earphone cant handle the bass so it just buzzez and i cant stand it sometimes it drives me crazy thats why im looking for a decent bass headphone that can really give me the
"boom" feeling

Apr 25, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 47
if you can push ur spending limit to 90, the audio technica m50 might fit ur needs

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #4 of 47
more options please
Edit: wow the sony look amazing and the price isnt so out of reach they look incredible i hope theyre qaulity is as amazing as thier looks i think im gonna buy those i trust Sony for quality
they have a very good reputation but as said
The more the marrier

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #10 of 47
My vote also goes to the AKG K81 DJ. Don't know about the XB700 though.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #13 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mothot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
more options please
Edit: wow the sony look amazing and the price isnt so out of reach they look incredible i hope theyre qaulity is as amazing as thier looks i think im gonna buy those i trust Sony for quality
they have a very good reputation but as said
The more the marrier

That's how they attract their customers... with looks and image won by billion $ advertisements you have to pay. Sound-quality is secondary.

The K81DJ are bass monsters. But it is muddy and overwhelming sometimes.

The M50 has less bass (like most headphones have less than K81) but more refined one.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #15 of 47
Audio-Technica D40fs were amongst my first audiophile level headphones. They costed me back then about 200$ and sounded terrific for the money.
You can find them today around 60-70$, which is a bargain.

D40fs is the bass enhanced version of M40 (which is neutral). Very sweet sounding and detailed. Worth listening to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back