Best baseball game of the year.
Jul 2, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 21
I watched the Aaron Boone home run game last year but I really think this one was better. Totally amazing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and YES,,,,,,,,,,,I am a Yankee Fan!

Jul 2, 2004 at 4:11 AM Post #4 of 21
I agree, this one was better.
Anyone who has anything bad to say about Jeter should watch the replay.
Very few players play as hard.

Jul 2, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #5 of 21
I wish I had cable TV.
frown.gif

moved apartments recently and apparently that meant that we don't get the same cable programming as before.
frown.gif
I'll have to check with my roommate again on what happened since he was doing all the stuff regarding that. no fun for me.

Jul 2, 2004 at 10:06 AM Post #10 of 21
You had better change the title to...
Best baseball game of the year so far...on the east coast!

Longer games don't always equate to better or more exciting because the game I went to last Saturaday between the A's and Giants was one of the best I've seen in my life! They went back and forth the whole night with an array of spectacular plays on both sides. The A's ended up winning, and me being an A's fan helped make it more exciting. The rivalry that exists between the A's and Giants (as it does between the Red Sox and Yanks...go bo-sox
biggrin.gif
) also helped in making the game exciting from the start. These teams in the bay area don't get to play together as often as the Yanks and Red Sox get to...of course now that inter-league play exists, they do, just not as often.

Jul 2, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeplin
You had better change the title to...
Best baseball game of the year so far...on the east coast!

Longer games don't always equate to better or more exciting because the game I went to last Saturaday between the A's and Giants was one of the best I've seen in my life! They went back and forth the whole night with an array of spectacular plays on both sides. The A's ended up winning, and me being an A's fan helped make it more exciting. The rivalry that exists between the A's and Giants (as it does between the Red Sox and Yanks...go bo-sox
biggrin.gif
) also helped in making the game exciting from the start. These teams in the bay area don't get to play together as often as the Yanks and Red Sox get to...of course now that inter-league play exists, they do, just not as often.

I won't be the only one who will make this claim.
Just read the sport columns today.

Nothing against the Giants and A's, but it is a little tough comparing that rivalry to the Yanks/BoSoxs.

Have you seen the Jeter play?
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ne...ives&fext=.jsp

The extra innings was not what made that game great last night.
It was the fact that both teams played with blood (literally) and guts.
As much as I hate Boston, Today I tip my hat to them for last night's game.
(and What was Nomar doing stiing on the bench? he should be ashamed.
mad.gif
)

Jul 2, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #13 of 21
that was the best game of the year

would have been better if we won.

go sox.

and i never thoguht i say this but jeter, i hope you are ok...

spwal

Jul 2, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #14 of 21
And what about the Astros and the Cubs with Sosa hitting a walkoff homerun in the 10th (on Wednesday)? Guess if you are not on the East coast baseball does not exist.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back