Best Barbeque Joints in America
Feb 19, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #16 of 26
the stew:
1633.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I am sorry to say, but Harold's stew doesn't look at all appetizing and down right nasty. It reminds me of vomit. But based on all the positive reviews, I would be a good sport and try it, if given the opportunity to do so. I bet it must taste much better than it looks.
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #17 of 26
Even after living in Texas for years, I still haven't found anything to remotely compete with barbequed mutton from the greatest bbq place ever:

http://www.moonlight.com - The Moonlight in the town of my birth, Owensboro, Kentucky. BBQ mutton rules!

Feb 19, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
the stew:
I am sorry to say, but Harold's stew doesn't look at all appetizing and down right nasty. It reminds me of vomit. But based on all the positive reviews, I would be a good sport and try it, if given the opportunity to do so. I bet it must taste much better than it looks.
tongue.gif

Brunswick Stew is the shiznit, though as far as I know, you got to go to Georgia for it to be done right. (Yeah, yeah, I know, but the old man's a good ole boy).

Feb 19, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls20
i was not aware that BBQ existed out of Texas.

Kreutz, Blacks, Smittys, City Market... Llano, TX (or close-to)...take your pick

Don't forget Chisolm Trail! I live in Lockhart, TX and we are officially the BBQ capital of Texas (I guess this qualifies me as a BBQ expert
wink.gif
. Hell, Kreuz made 60 Minutes, CBS (Dan Rather's favorite restaurant), NBC, and ABC nightly news and has been in countless magazines and newspapers. When you go there you get the smoked meat that is carved before your eyes and wrapped in plain brown paper. After that you walk into the huge dining area and you can get pickles and onions but NO flatware! That's right...BBQ was meant to be eaten like barbarians...real men! Don't forget the Big Red soda water...BBQ just ain't right without it.

Feb 19, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #23 of 26
Nope....BBQ does not exist outside Kansas City.

I went to a city (to remain nameless) and they had never heard of burnt ends.

I cried that night.

Gates, LC's, Wyandotte BBQ, Oklahoma Joe's, Arthur Bryant's....

I can't really think of any other place that sells real BBQ.

If anyone wants to have real bbq, come to KC and ring me up....I'll treat you good. I"m not joking. I would be more than happy to treat anyone to real BBQ if you ever make it through KC.

B

Feb 19, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemonkeys
Nope....BBQ does not exist outside Kansas City.

I went to a city (to remain nameless) and they had never heard of burnt ends.

I cried that night.

Gates, LC's, Wyandotte BBQ, Oklahoma Joe's, Arthur Bryant's....

I can't really think of any other place that sells real BBQ.

If anyone wants to have real bbq, come to KC and ring me up....I'll treat you good. I"m not joking. I would be more than happy to treat anyone to real BBQ if you ever make it through KC.

B

I love the burnt ends! My Scottish wife calls them "crusty bits", so I get them every time.
icon10.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax

Harold's BBQ in Atlanta for a bowl of brunswick stew and a pulled pork sandwich.

hmm, I'll have to go try it sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back