Best Bang for Buck MP3 Player
Aug 6, 2005 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TwCyS

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for one that's 50-60 dollars, small in size, and durable with a great sound quality, for practical use. Maybe I'm asking for too much. Could you guys maybe give me a ballpark idea of what to look for? I've seen 50-dollar iriver's but I'm not sure if they're worth buying. My brother had a creative zen, but he said the ipod was much more durable for throwing around. Spose that defines my idea of durable(?).

Aug 6, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 5
This one is probably not gonna cut it for you but I bought one for $35 from Staplers about 6 months ago. Terribly slow-responding user interface but decent sound output and battery life. Great for the gym where I never change tracks, or fiddle with the volume.
Nothing beats the price.

Aug 7, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #4 of 5
I have a Shuffle for a beat-up player. You can get them cheap if you or someone you know uses a Discover card and has cash back bonus to redeem. You can double the value on Sharper Image gift cards and essentially buy an ipod for half price.

For about $60, you can't beat the sound quality (honestly, I'm not even sure if there's an mp3 player out there that sounds better at all) and its at least as rugged as the next flash player out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back