Best bang-for-buck amp (under $100)?
Jan 3, 2008 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

h4n9m4n

100+ Head-Fier
I'll be using this amp with a DT770/80. Ive been looking around for some under-$100 (new/used) amps, and I think its between these:

Go-vibe v6
PA2v2
Mini^3 (Are these under 100? I heard it can be DIY for under 100, which i can do, but if i can buy one for under 100, id rather do that).

are there any i don't know about that are worth putting on this list? Which amp has the best bang-for-buck?

Jan 3, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by h4n9m4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be using this amp with a DT770/80. Ive been looking around for some under-$100 (new/used) amps, and I think its between these:

Go-vibe v6
PA2v2
Mini^3 (Are these under 100? I heard it can be DIY for under 100, which i can do, but if i can buy one for under 100, id rather do that).

are there any i don't know about that are worth putting on this list? Which amp has the best bang-for-buck?

If you can DIY the Mini^3, go for it
rolleyes.gif
It's one of the best sub-200$ amps , not sub-100$
tongue.gif

It costs round 88$ for all the kit... Glass Jar Audio sells it.

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #3 of 8
Yes, Skylab and I had a strong disagreement on the C&C (and different methods and equipment to test).
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, Skylab and I had a strong disagreement on the C&C (and different methods and equipment to test).
wink.gif

But at least our disagreement was completely civil, and didn't result in any name-calling or weird accusations
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 8
Wait, we're allowed to name-call and make weird accusations?
biggrin.gif

Just kidding. Civil conversations are a sometimes rarity around these parts. And although I preferred my method with the C&C, Skylab used Beyers like the OP, so perhaps his results should be more focused on with respect to this thread.

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #7 of 8
Oh, I think i'll go for the Mini^3 kit from glass jar audio. It's cheaper, and will probably give me more satisfaction than the C&C since I'm building it myself (we all know that expensive audio equipment has trouble satisfying). But one more question, which one is better (regardless of price)? Mini^3 or BOX+?

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:42 AM Post #8 of 8
A lot of reviews I've read have rated the Mini³ and MiniBox-E+ as a tie. Some prefer one slightly over the other. I'm personally going to go with the MiniBox-E+ because of it's extra features like bass boost (which is important to me personally), Li-ion battery, and awesome SNR (110db, no hiss).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back