Best Bang For Buck: $30 and under?
Jul 20, 2007 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

e133th4x0r

New Head-Fier
hey all, so i've been looking around and couldnt really find anything. So my friend is lookin to buy some new cans...but he CAN get buds if there arent any good cans for the price range. He doesnt really like the ksc75s and he already has some panasonic hje50s. Maybe we were thinking of gettin a pair of mdr v300s to start? any suggestions? Hes willing to spend 30 and under

Jul 20, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 16
Under $30 all I can think of that I would buy is a Sennheiser eH150--which sound alright for the price, decent bass and highs but strange mids, I know plenty of cans double the pricecan easily better them but they do sound fairly decent for 25 bucks. I know they'd easily be better than the MDRV300 which are rather crappy.

Otherwise most closed cans <$30 don't sound any better or worse than the average $10 Walkman pack-in stuff in my experience. I would ask your friend if he can spend <$60, where there are many good closed options that are avaliable.

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #3 of 16
JBL Reference 220's are going for under $30 on ebay.

They seem to be well thought of here for the money.

Jul 20, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 16
Thanks all. Yeah, if I can only get him to like the ksc75s =/. Hmm but I think ill check out those mb quarts.

Jul 20, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by e133th4x0r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks all. Yeah, if I can only get him to like the ksc75s =/. Hmm but I think ill check out those mb quarts.

What doesn't he like about the ksc75's? The clip-on feel, the sound quality? If it's the SQ, well then he's going to sorely disappointed with anything in his price range. There is the headband mod for the 75's...

Jul 20, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if he can tolerate clip-ons. ksc75 is better than anything under 30$

I agree. I bought a pair recently because they were on sale at NCIX for $14.99 CAD. I find them quite neutral and pleasant and for long gaming sessions they are more comfortable and far less sweaty than my HD595's. Of course they don't come close to HD595 for sound quality though but they are still good and I prefer them to the much more expensive Sennheiser PX100's which are the same style of headphone. The clip on style is actually more comfortable than the headband style as they put no pressure on you ears at all and just sit there. But they are more awkward to put on.

Jul 20, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What doesn't he like about the ksc75's? The clip-on feel, the sound quality? If it's the SQ, well then he's going to sorely disappointed with anything in his price range. There is the headband mod for the 75's...

Got a link to that mod? Might want to try it so long as I can go back to clip on if I don't like it.

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marximus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm loving the Accura SR-660s, for $8 at some Big Lots stores, or far more expensive online.

Yeah but those are hard to find, I'm sure everyone took them all by now.
very_evil_smiley.gif

But those are pretty decent--kind of like Sennheiser HD415's for $10.

Jul 21, 2007 at 9:35 AM Post #13 of 16
Okay, here's what im thinkin. Either he buys another pair of the panasonic HJE70's. OR maybe some creative ep-630s..what do y'all think?

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:06 PM Post #14 of 16
accura's are available for $20, you can find them in the for-sale section.

MB 45x's are $26 plus shipping from electronicsBonanza so total is more like $35.

KSC75's are over-hyped (yes, I used to have them. grill mod, pads mod. They were a big disappointment to me).

KSC55's are better than the 75 but they might not fit some people (the nechband can be too tight). Otherwise they are great @ $15.

can you get real EP-630 for $30 with shipping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back