Best Audio solution for a Powerbook G4 1.5 ghz?
Oct 19, 2005 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xaipemw

100+ Head-Fier
After putting up with my Powerbook G4's crappy headphone out jack for a year, I believe it's time that I did something about it and purchased a solution. Ideally speaking, I'd like something pretty portable (like a PCMCIA card, but the Audigy 2 PC card is windowz-only). But I'd probably settle for something bigger than that. Of course, I can use my iPod when I want to listen to digital music, but that's not always convenient.

I'd love to hear suggestions. Thanks!

Oct 20, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 3
At the risk of being mocked unmercifully, I use the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro with my PB G4. I know it's not high end but to me it sounds loads better than the built in headphone jack. Very small and portable. Got mine for 20 bucks at CIrcuit City. Only downside is that it takes up a USB port.

If you find a PCMCIA Card that works I'd be interested in freeing up that USB port though.

Oct 20, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 3
The Indigo DJ is the only card slot option that i've been able to find for the powerbook. While I can't comment on the sound quality, it seems fairly expensive, especially for the version with a line-out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back