Best audio for a wide range of genres?
Nov 25, 2011 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gaboo94

New Head-Fier
Hello community from Head-Fi, months ago I made a thread asking for headphones that would bring me the best quality of music under the 200 range, since I didn't specify a lot on my tastes most of the people recommended me 2 options which are the 

ATH-M50's
SRHH440

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

And I was hoping by this time of the year I would have money to buy new headphones, but I don't have enough, so I have to stick with the white apple headphones, I guess it's a good thing because now I have extra time to research more, so I made this thread to know different opinions on different headphones from the $50 - $200 range, from doing my research I came to look for 2 essential things on my ideal headphones. Have good quality while playing acoustic music (when you hear almost the fingers slide in the guitar, or in live versions when you can hear the people conversations in the audience), to a rich bass that can make you feel the song in your ears and head, my reason for this is because I can't be certain to say that I don't like a genre, I usually end up listening to a song from a genre that "I don't mind listening" and I fell in love with that particular song, so then I need to find it and buy it, and from my age I have friends showing me new songs from genres like house, electro, trance, etc, etc so I love to have an experience when I can listen to the bass in that song, while be able to listen to every single instrument in that song. so yeah, I need to have those 2 things in headphones, in the last year I owned a pair of Monster Turbines, but they broke, I have to say that I did like them, but I know I can find better headhones than those, oh, I almost forgot I'm looking for earphones why because they're easier to carry around, but still I'm open to reasearch regular headphones as well. so to finish this and let you give your opinion, I'm would love to hear opinions on different headphones, or explain why the M50s or the SRHH440 are a good or bad option, and if I can the things that I look for in other headphones but are over the $200 still I would like to hear from them maybe I can put them for a future plan. 

Thank You.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 2
I personally don't like the fit of the SRH440s, and many people have the same problems, thus they recommend upgrading the earpads.

Considered Sennheiser HD25-1-IIs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back