Best audio file quality for collection?
Apr 15, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #16 of 24
That's why i labeled myself as "voodoo people".

There are actually the same discussions out there about WAV and FLAC as there are on cables.
I think it is not really the same thing. Cables are not identical, I think the arguments there have to do with whether something is measurable or not and if it is, is it audible.

WAV and FLAC are identical by the time the DAC sees the bitstream. There really isn't anything here to discuss.

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #17 of 24
I think it is not really the same thing. Cables are not identical, I think the arguments there have to do with whether something is measurable or not and if it is, is it audible.

WAV and FLAC are identical by the time the DAC sees the bitstream. There really isn't anything here to discuss.
Absolutely correct.

If the OP wants an analogy - look at a printed page. It's made up of characters and punctuation marks, but the rest is empty white space. With FLAC and a music file, the white space is what's compressed, therefore the data is left completely untouched.

Apr 16, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #18 of 24
Thanks for all the inputs
In that case Flac is the most common recommendation then

how bout Flac vs alac ?

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #19 of 24
Thanks for all the inputs
In that case Flac is the most common recommendation then

how bout Flac vs alac ?
If you use Apple devices and Software Alac otherwise flac.

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #20 of 24
If you use Apple devices and Software Alac otherwise flac.
I use apple devices
But i just bought a hiby r6 2020
And now wondering should i ripped my cd collection again to flac or use my alac that are inside my mac

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #22 of 24
Hi I usually use apple music and occasionally if I have the physical CD i’ll rip it into ALAC and play it with apple music.

but i just bought a decent iem and dap
And i want to get the best quality out of them and also i want to make my music library collection better
So I don’t know with lots of audio files out there, which one is the best sounding and most of you chooses which file type to keep in your collection?
MQA?
FLAC?
DSD?
WAV?
Or anything else ?
Thanks
I have same question...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back