Best Audio Bargins
Sep 23, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #18 of 25
Sep 23, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #20 of 25
cool, they do have some pretty good sales don't they.

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #21 of 25
The Topping G5 at $300 new / $200 used is an incredible value.

Enough power and clarity that I rarely miss the (admittedly somewhat better, but also 5x more expensive) Topping D90/A90 stack enough to go be tethered to it. Yes it's a lot to ask of someone new to the hobby, dropping $2-300 on a fairly bulky portable DAC/amp, but I think many would be perfectly happy with it as their only source for a very long time. It certainly keeps up with many desktop stacks in the same price range, possibly even above, and it's portable! The battery life isn't even that bad, and it avoids draining your phone or other source's battery like cheaper dongle DACs. The only cavat is that some seem to have issues with EFI, though my unit has been well behaved.

Sep 24, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #22 of 25
I got an Ultrasone Signature Natural for $150 about a year back on EBAY.

I can't really think of a better deal for me because not only was it a massive discount but more importantly - it also became my favorite closed back too.

Absolutely love them (the sound signature is perfection for my taste) and I think if I had to sell everything and just keep one single headphone, I'd pick that one.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #24 of 25
Sep 30, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #25 of 25
The best deals I've gotten depend on the time of year. The summer sale and singles day are great for new stuff. For used, early February to March is when the holiday returns hit the liquidators. They buy so much, they sell on eBay with no reserve for many things. It's s a happy hunting ground for audio gear.
Instead of Black Friday, shop on the 22nd of December, which is the last shopping day to ship anything to arrive before Christmas. Retailers know it's their last chance, so that's when the heavy discounts hit on anything they have left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back