Best Around-Ear headphones with bass
Jan 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

yanathin

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a good recommendation for around-ear headphones (not the ones that press up against the ear or on-ear, I wear glasses and they hurt after a while). I have the Bose AE2 headphones right now, and while they're super comfortable, I'm not entirely satisfied with their performance. Here's what's really important to me in a pair of headphones:

- Good bass response. I know audiophiles think more bass is bad, but I listen to a lot of electronic music where I'd prefer some nice bass. The AE2's I have are definitely lacking in this field.
- Comfortable / not too heavy. Need to be around-ear. I wear them at work all day. AE2's are great for this.
- Can fold up somehow. My AE2's can rotate the ear cups so they can be somewhat flat in my backpack pouch. That's all I need, I don't need them to do any more than that or fold in half or anything.
- In-line or on-headphone volume controls would be nice but not required.
- I really don't like noise canceling headphones, so if the best pair happens to be noise canceling I'd like the option to simply turn that feature off while still being able to listen to music.
- Some headphones are just as loud on the outside as they are on the inside. I work in a quiet place and would rather not bug people with my loud music. AE2's are pretty good in this category.

I'd really appreciate anybody's help with this. Thanks so much!

Edit: Oh, and price doesn't really matter. I'd rather have headphones that suit my needs than save a few bucks.

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #2 of 2
http://www.head-fi.org/t/529144/recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op

Users who are viewing this thread

Back