Best amplifiers for Stax O2 Mk1 ¿?
Dec 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Torero

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Now i have a amplified by Leben CS300XS speaker amplifier + Woo Audio WEE energeizer. I'm very satisfied. But i would like to listen them in its maximum power.

What are best amplifiers for this headphone? That benefit it.

PD: The BHSE or WES are too expensive
frown.gif
. Like a Stax T1, T2, 717, 727, KGSHV, GES, LL, ....

Dec 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 5
  Hi,

Now i have a amplified by Leben CS300XS speaker amplifier + Woo Audio WEE energeizer. I'm very satisfied. But i would like to listen them in its maximum power.

What are best amplifiers for this headphone? That benefit it.

PD: The BHSE or WES are too expensive
frown.gif
. Like a Stax T1, T2, 717, 727, KGSHV, GES, LL, ....

Out of the combinations I heard, I think the best you can do on that list is probably KGSS/HV or a 717.  Haven't tried the LL, and you can definitely do better than GES or T1.  Avoid the 727 with it unless you want to mod it, the combination sounds way too loose in its stock form from personal experience.  Now T2 may be awesome, but is impossible to find  
tongue.gif
 (unless you want to DIY).

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 5

Out of the combinations I heard, I think the best you can do on that list is probably KGSS/HV or a 717.  Haven't tried the LL, and you can definitely do better than GES or T1.  Avoid the 727 with it unless you want to mod it, the combination sounds way too loose in its stock form from personal experience.  Now T2 may be awesome, but is impossible to find  
tongue.gif
 (unless you want to DIY).

Who is better? KGSHV or 717?

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 5
  Who is better? KGSHV or 717?

KGSSHV is more powerful and refined, so you should go for that if you can. Those 007's like all the power they can get.

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 5
The KGSSHV is the way to go, in many ways it's similar to the BHSE design, with exception for the last output stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back