Best Amp under £2000 for LCD 4?
Dec 22, 2022 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheAbyss2022

500+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

I currently have a Topping A90D and I want to upgrade my amp to something that will get even more performance out of my Audeze LCD 4. Does anyone have any recommendations? my budget is £2000 and under and I dont mind buying used and I don't mind either a solid state/hybrid or tube amp.

thanks!

Dec 22, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #2 of 4
I've got the A90, what DAC are you using? With 5 volts in from the D90se the only performance upgrade would be the Passmark HPA4. Even then you might not notice a difference. Is there a type of sound or are you running out of power when you equalize?

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 4
I've got the A90, what DAC are you using? With 5 volts in from the D90se the only performance upgrade would be the Passmark HPA4. Even then you might not notice a difference. Is there a type of sound or are you running out of power when you equalize?
I have the D90 also, I guess I had the Ifi Zen Can which had the Xbass so it was like crack however, going to the A90D gave me so much more clarity in the music so I stuck with that. My thinking is to get the Ifi Pro Ican Signature edition which will have the same or more clarity than the A90D with the addition of their amazing Xbass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back