Best amp to make the A Ipod sound better?
Nov 30, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #31 of 33
I think what the Ipod does the worst is the bass and the EQ's are crap that come with the Ipod. I have a Sony Walkman with a Parametric EQ and just the bass the CD player produces just sounds Way better than the Ipod, Its a lot more clear. There are 4 options for the EQ soft, active, heavy, custom and I love the active. The bass sounds great with the active EQ and so does the voice of the singer. With the Ipod i think the bass hits way too hard so its just sounds like pear crap with all the EQ its comes with. I think it would be awsome too get the Imod but its too expensive. Im not sher if a portable amp can make my Ipod sound like my walkman.

Nov 30, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #32 of 33
I used to shop at this small boutique audio store that was only open by appointment. He carried some of the nicest gear around, and just ran the store as a hobby so he wasn't pushy at all. Most of the time I would just go and hang-out and listen to music.

He had this philosophy (actually, he had a lot of them) that EQ's were just bandages for a poorly designed system. If you really liked a component (or already owned it) like and amplifier, but determined that it was just a little bass shy, you would design the rest of the system with components that might emphasize the bass a little more.

One component doesn't make or break a system, it's the combination of all the pieces that contribute to the final sound. Play to the strengths of each component and work around their weaknesses. I always use a few reviews to get me in the "ballpark" and then go about finding a way to audition them in my own system.

Nov 30, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #33 of 33
But it's not necessarily as simple as just replacing the bass as even the waveform in total is only part of the picture when considering how the diaphragm you drive responds to the waveform and current.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back