Best amp to go with the Sennheiser HD800 - time to revisit this question
Sep 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #46 of 95
this GSX MK2 is ******* unreal with the HD 800s!!!!

the sound, theres actually spatial cues everywhere, the soundstage/imaging, the transients and separation, the detail extraction, the nuances, oh and the bass, its incredible, it just sounds so real, so powerful, so emotional, i never heard bass so beautiful, its deep and full of soul and emotion, like real bass should be. and it really is just you and the music. the transparency is just so much better than anything else i've heard the HD 800 on. 

yes, its even better than the WA2 with the GEC tubes.

though i think i can still come to enjoy that combination...

its so different here, its like rather than the tube warmth adding the euphony to the sound, its the raw energy and power of the music giving the sound life and presence, i think i'm starting to slowly see why people are starting to seek this "wire with gain" thing. 

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #47 of 95
  this GSX MK2 is ******* unreal with the HD 800s!!!!

the sound, theres actually spatial cues everywhere, the soundstage/imaging, the transients and separation, the detail extraction, the nuances, oh and the bass, its incredible, it just sounds so real, so powerful, so emotional, i never heard bass so beautiful, its deep and full of soul and emotion, like real bass should be. and it really is just you and the music. the transparency is just so much better than anything else i've heard the HD 800 on. 

yes, its even better than the WA2 with the GEC tubes.

though i think i can still come to enjoy that combination...

its so different here, its like rather than the tube warmth adding the euphony to the sound, its the raw energy and power of the music giving the sound life and presence, i think i'm starting to slowly see why people are starting to seek this "wire with gain" thing. 

Didn't I say just get the GS-X MKII and be done with dynamic headphone amps.  
size]

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #48 of 95

size]

rolleyes.gif

i think i'll still get a woo, its a different presentation i would like to play with. tubes still have a different way of making music beautiful. plus i wanna keep my 596's and 5998's

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #49 of 95

size]

rolleyes.gif

i think i'll still get a woo, its a different presentation i would like to play with. tubes still have a different way of making music beautiful. plus i wanna keep my 596's and 5998's

Oh Yeah! THE Mighty USAF-596

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #50 of 95

rolleyes.gif

Remember I owned the WA22 and I liked it...but not the truly "high fidelity" I get with the GS-X. That said, isn't Daniel selling his WA5LE? 

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #51 of 95

Remember I owned the WA22 and I liked it...but not the truly "high fidelity" I get with the GS-X. That said, isn't Daniel selling his WA5LE? 

yeah we're working on a 3-way trade with JC9394 on that...in the next few weeks.

yeah, definitely not on the same level as the GSX, i don't think anything really is, at least anything i've heard audeze or hd 800 on. as for hifiman, the Allnic HPA5000 is the only thing that comes close (with HE-500).

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #53 of 95
anyways, this GSX is definitely "solid state done right" and "wire with gain" 

i cant believe its this good!!!

i honestly thought at first that i was gonna find it to be like everything else "just slightly different or a tad bit better in some things than my woos", and that i wouldn't like it. but this is completely different, a game changer for me for sure.

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #57 of 95
  DG you are making our wait even harder lol. glad you are enjoying it. so its safe to say the wa6se is on its way out and gs-x mk2 is here to stay?

yes, and definitely worth the wait, u will be very happy this coming holiday season. 

the WA6-SE is gonna be gone for sure, no comparison, the GSX MK2 destroys it. (though the WA6-SE is certainly a great value for 1k considering it can drive just about any headphone short of HE-6 and sound very good, i especially enjoyed how it sounded with LCD-2).

the WA2 might stay but i'm gonna get a WA22 to replace for when i want that tubey sound.

anyways, the wire with gain thing is really wire with gain, and its better than it sounds. this is finally solid state done right, grainy and bland are nowhere to be found in this amp, just music.

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #60 of 95
Think the GS-1 is great value at 1k, it being very similar to the GS-X.....

yes, and definitely worth the wait, u will be very happy this coming holiday season. 

the WA6-SE is gonna be gone for sure, no comparison, the GSX MK2 destroys it. (though the WA6-SE is certainly a great value for 1k considering it can drive just about any headphone short of HE-6 and sound very good, i especially enjoyed how it sounded with LCD-2).

the WA2 might stay but i'm gonna get a WA22 to replace for when i want that tubey sound.

anyways, the wire with gain thing is really wire with gain, and its better than it sounds. this is finally solid state done right, grainy and bland are nowhere to be found in this amp, just music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back