Best amp for Westone UM3x?
Oct 8, 2009 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Emanekaf

New Head-Fier
I am about to buy the Westone UM3x. I don't know which amp I should get for it though. For the Shure SE530, people usually recommend the RSA Tomahawk. I just want to know which amp, but preferably one that has a decent DAC, would work best for the UM3x. The only nice amp in my budget is the Ibasso D10, which is highly regarded but some complained about a hiss when they are paired with the SE530. (because they're so sensitive?) So I'm just confused as to what I should get. Would the ibasso D2+ suffice? Is there anything I should consider other than ibasso?

Oct 8, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 4
I am in the same situation that you, I have just ordered UM3X and thinking about a portable amp. I will use a Ipod classic, and the first question is if I really need an amp. Any sugestions will be welcome.

Oct 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Santamaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am in the same situation that you, I have just ordered UM3X and thinking about a portable amp. I will use a Ipod classic, and the first question is if I really need an amp. Any sugestions will be welcome.

Me Three: hae Minibox E+ using with Etys for a fantastic pairing but also considering the UM3X or IE8. So would Minibox work with the UM3X or another amp better with my Ipod Classic??
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 4
I have a Classic to which I listen on a UM3x through a RSA Mustang. For the UM3x, I run the Mustang at low gain. For me, this is an ideal combination. Can you run the UM3x directly out of a Classic -- sure. Is it OK? I would say yes. Is it much better out of the Mustang - Big Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back