Best amp for Nano 4G?
Aug 19, 2009 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ethan215

New Head-Fier
I have a 4th Generation iPod Nano and I'm wondering what kind of amp I shuold get for it. I'm considering the FiiO E5 but I figured I'd ask you guys first. If this has been asked before, I'm sorry.

Aug 19, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #2 of 9
I'd say instead of trying to synergise the amp with your Nano, to start instead by synergising it with your IEM/whatever you use

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #3 of 9
Yep...the upgrade chain should be Source->Headphones->Amplifier. Once you find a source (ie mp3 player) and a headphone you are generally happy with, if you feel like you could still get more out of it then get a amplifier.

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #4 of 9
Is it a composition iPod nano 4G + JVC HA-S150 ?
Why is the amplifier introduced ?
Where is dissatisfaction ?

You might buy the headphone according to the answer.
Or, you might change the Ripping setting.

Aug 19, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #5 of 9
I beg to differ. Headphones, IMHO, should take priority. Plugging a JH13pro to a bad source and amp would sound better than iPod earbuds coming out of a CD Player + Tube amp

Aug 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #6 of 9
"Best" in what way?
Price, size, sound quality, features, build quality, availability, .. or a combination of several of them?

I suggest you set a budget and which features you are looking for, then look up what is available and read impressions/reviews of them.
smile.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 9
I think it's better if you try first Nuforce iCon mobile AMP/USB DAC and it's cheapest AMPs with USB DAC for desktop or laptop use.........

Aug 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #8 of 9
Okay, thanks for the advice so far. I'm using the HA-S150 for it now, and I'm happy with it unamped, but I'm planning on getting the HA-RX700 and I'm wondering if I should get an amp when using them.Sorry for not being more specific earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back