Best amp for midrange clarity with Senn HD580?
Dec 8, 2002 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
Well... it seems that my XCV2 (or maybe the Senns) might be getting chopped from my system...

The Senns sound awesome, as extended as one could ever hope for, with a deep rolling bass... great, and the midrange is good too...........

....until I plug in the Beyer DT250s, the bass is too thumpy (mid-bass) and the treble is recessed in comparison to the HD580s but the midrange... ooh, that is where the magic takes place... rich and pure ~ just the way I like it
biggrin.gif

...Then going back to the Senns, they sound like peoples reports of the V6... all bass and treble and not a lot else
frown.gif

So... the question for you guys is... is there an amp out there which can bring the mids of the Senns far enough forward to allow them to sound like my Beyers ~ or, is it time once again to hang up the Senns and get another pair of higher end Beyers?

Thanks

Dec 8, 2002 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

is there an amp out there which can bring the mids of the Senns far enough forward to allow them to sound like my Beyers ~ or, is it time once again to hang up the Senns and get another pair of higher end Beyers?

Thanks

1) Grado RA1

2) Corda HA1

Others too, but these are my faves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back