Best amp for HP series grados?
Aug 14, 2014 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

beez

100+ Head-Fier
i found audio bliss in a black grado hp325 (with flats, obv). its by far the best grado ive ever heard and its also the best headphone ive ever heard or owned and ive listened to a pretty decent variety of stuff. the joe g hp drivers really are something special.

whats the general consensus on good amps for the HP drivers? not talking crazy high end or anything just good mid range bang for buck amps. i'm looking for advice other than the mapletree and melos stuff which always pops up on the grado threads.

right now i use with dragonfly or dragonfly + ra1 and it sounds godly. i know it prob gets a bit better than the ra1 though.

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 3
I had an HP-1 for a while and ran it with the ALO Amphora (similar to RWA Cassabria or discontinued Corvina - but those aren’t cheap) and the Pico portable Amp from headamp. Sounded great from both.

I also had the RA-1 for a few weeks and found it was a little blunted; a little too mellow compared to the other amps I mentioned. It wasn’t terrible or anything, but I enjoyed the HP-1 more on those other SS amps. I didn’t have a tube amp at the time.

Wish I had more recommendations for midrange SS options with that headphone. Those HP drivers are really great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back