Best amp for HD-600's? (~$500)
Jul 17, 2002 at 3:25 PM Post #16 of 24
The Russian ones don't seem to help.
wink.gif

I understand your position but for me, I'd rather have the food processor that had attachments available in case I needed one later than the processor that didn't and left me screwed to have to buy a new one if I needed to make julianne potatos (has anyone ever actually HAD julianne potatos?).

Anyway -- why doesn't your reasoning follow out to the entire range of products? Ie, why can you be satisfied with any headphone amp knowing there *might* be a better one out there somewhere? This is the tortured hell I live in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2002 at 3:50 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
The Russian ones don't seem to help.
wink.gif

Anyway -- why doesn't your reasoning follow out to the entire range of products? Ie, why can you be satisfied with any headphone amp knowing there *might* be a better one out there somewhere? This is the tortured hell I live in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Believe me it extends to most everything that I have ever become interested in. Cooking, Fishing, Golf, Hockey, Audio ..... Buying a solid state amp really isn't the solution either as there is always one that promises to be better. The only thing with tubes is that I think the addiction sneaks up on you. 3 here 3 there and pretty soon you have a shelf full, then a drawer full on and on.

The one thing that I have that throttles me back a bit is my wife. I usually end up getting what I want but she tends to slow me up a bit. So the torture of waiting is spread out along with the spending.

Jul 17, 2002 at 4:29 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Fubar
I have the Little More Power Premium and think it is an outstanding solid state amp for the price ($679).
How many of you here have even heard this amp?

I have heard the Cosmic and Maxed Out Home which are pretty similar to that amp. Does that count?

Jul 17, 2002 at 5:44 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by DeanA

I thought the RKV had a list price of $1300. Are saying Meir's discount brings the price near the $500 GMD is willing to invest?

Holy !@#$% I feel sorry for those suckers that bought MicroZotl's (sorry hirsch
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Forget a turntable upgrade...i'm saving up for an RKV now

Jul 18, 2002 at 6:34 AM Post #21 of 24
I'm really keen on hearing the RKV and I'm prepared to feel like a sucker for having the Zotl. But, I'm not convinced yet! The Zotl's sound is so well integrated, one couldn't single out bass (for example) as being especially well reproduced. And the midrange is smooth without being "lush". Then there are those goofy tubes compared to the Zotl's standard tubes..... I don't know.
Wish I could come to the Dallas meeting to check it out!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #22 of 24
I have never heard a negative word uttered of the microZOTL. The closest to negative is Markl's insistance that the Melos betters it.
smily_headphones1.gif

The microZOTL remains as the number one amp left on my list of amps I haven't yet heard. If you came to Dallas, we could AB it against the RKV and TwinHead. Come on out... you know you want to.

Jul 20, 2002 at 3:02 AM Post #24 of 24
No point in spending too much money on amp until you get some aftermarket cables for the phones to the amp...like Clou or Cardas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back