BEST AMP FOR DT 770 PRO 80 OHMS
Jan 11, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #16 of 21
Is the O2 (Objective2) connected to your computer or the FiiO E10K?

I am using the e10k as a dac and the o2 as an amp. seems to be an improvement in terms of flat response, the e10k was either a bit too bassy or lacking bass depending on whether I put the boost on or not. the pairing seems to be working ok and I think this should work well for me. certainly get's loud enough. I don't have the 770's yet but I imagine it won't have any issues and the bass response should be a bit more natural.

Jan 11, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #17 of 21
I am using the e10k as a dac and the o2 as an amp. seems to be an improvement in terms of flat response, the e10k was either a bit too bassy or lacking bass depending on whether I put the boost on or not. the pairing seems to be working ok and I think this should work well for me. certainly get's loud enough. I don't have the 770's yet but I imagine it won't have any issues and the bass response should be a bit more natural.
I would have tried talking you out of getting the DT770.
The Soundmagic HP151 headphones would be better.

Jan 11, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #19 of 21
better for what though? I am going to be mixing on the dt's.
Is that mixing at a party with a crowd or mixing in private?
I would assume the DT770/80 would add a bass biased to your mixing.
Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-7506 would to me be better for mixing, boring headphones, so very little biased.

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #20 of 21
Is that mixing at a party with a crowd or mixing in private?
I would assume the DT770/80 would add a bass biased to your mixing.
Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-7506 would to me be better for mixing, boring headphones, so very little biased.
mixing for music production. I actually think a bit of bass would be beneficial though, see my other thread for the reasoning on that;
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mix...ined-deep-and-slightly-boosted-low-end.951091
if I don't like the bass and it's not working out i;m thinking I can always correct with something like sonarworks. what are the soundmagic's mostly used for?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #21 of 21
mixing for music production. I actually think a bit of bass would be beneficial though, see my other thread for the reasoning on that;
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mix...ined-deep-and-slightly-boosted-low-end.951091
if I don't like the bass and it's not working out I'm thinking I can always correct with something like Sonarworks. what are the Soundmagic's mostly used for?
I'm not into audio production, so my opinions on the subject is in no way expert.
Soundmagic HP151 is for music enjoyment (my enjoyment), I own the DT770 (80 & 250-Ohm) and the HP151 is like an improved DT770.
Wearing My HP151, right this second, listen to RIO Like I love You :)
Driving them with my Schiit Fulla 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back