Best amp for AD700s?
Mar 7, 2009 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Epicfailman

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I was wondering, what do you guys think would be the best amp to drive my AD700s for no more than $200 total? I am also okay with DIY stuff, but if you give a recommendation, the total cost cannot peak $200. I mostly listen to rock music and play fps and rts games if that helps you to know what kind of sound I am looking for. They lack a little bass, so I would like something that can up the bass as well without making it booming bass. Thanks.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 5
EDIT: Okay, I am sticking with the LD I+ for sure now, and I am gonna roll some 408a tubes with it. My main question is what cables do I need to hook it up to an ASUS D2X and what brand makes quality cables? This is my first time buying an amp and I really have no idea exactly how to hook it up to the card, so any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mar 9, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #4 of 5
Parts Express:*3.5mm Stereo Plug To Dual RCA Jack Adapter should be it.

I have the Dayton 1.5 ft rca-rca cable from the same site and it seems very good. Just click on audio/video accessories and then rca patch cables. They have a few different kinds.

Edit: I just found this. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=181-593 one of those would be easier to deal with. If you plan on getting a stand alone dac at any point, you are probably better off getting the adapter and cable separate so you can use the rca-rca later on too. If not, the 3.5 -> dual rca cable will do just fine.

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #5 of 5
Well, that gets me to my next question. Would I hear a gain if I took the LD I+ hybrid and got a decent DAC running out of my ASUS D2X? Or would I be better off spending that $$$ on maybe upping to a LD MKIII and rolling some tubes for it? My budget for the project has gone up from my original post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back