Best amp/dac combo for the mrspeakers aeon closed
Dec 6, 2017 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Porkyan

Head-Fier
I'm looking for used ones since I'm broke af and there just isn't any headphones similar sounding to these for a lower price so I'm gonna compromise abit on my audio source here. Just broke my soundcard recently </3 And I thought I'll just upgrade and call it end game.

No I tried the oppos, too much mid bass
And I can never try the ah mm400 so no comments

I know the aeons scale very well with better amp/dacs.

Anyways..

Which of these should I get? (these are pretty much end game because I'm looking to do other things and not obsess with headphones anymore @_@ )

My budget is about 200~250 USD. I don't mind used items.

I've been recommended balanced dac/amp but they kinda all cost too much when you include the cables needed.

Or if anyone knows a chord mojo desktop equivalent then let me know, I love the aeons paired with the mojo.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 8
You can go for any of them...The Aeon sounds great thru most any amp/DAC,including phones and DAPs.Not hard to drive,nor is it amp picky.

FWIW many users use the Mojo as a F/T desktop amp/DAC.

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 8
You can go for any of them...The Aeon sounds great thru most any amp/DAC,including phones and DAPs.Not hard to drive,nor is it amp picky.

I'm guessing I should go for the nfbs?

I hope to get no changes in the tonal balance, aka a neutral amp.
And basically as much resolution as 250 usd can get me lol.

Idk how neutral the nfbs are though

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #4 of 8

Found an Aune S16 for about 300 usd, seems worthy of an end game for the price. Probably where I'll burn my wallet at.
Is the balanced output of that one good?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #7 of 8
Just have to say I liked them a lot from a tube amp also . It is way over your budget but damn did they sound good.

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back