Best Amp / Dac combo for Focal Clear's
Apr 4, 2018 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

RedVelvetLuna

Head-Fier
Finally set on buying the Clear's, now just trying to figure out the best Amp / Dac combo for them.

I'd probably be most interested in a budget all-in-one amp + dac (such as the JOTUNHEIM, or the Massdrop CTH + SDAC DAC/Amp) but feel free to suggest what ever you feel would be best! :D

Thank you <3

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 25
Finally set on buying the Clear's, now just trying to figure out the best Amp / Dac combo for them.

I'd probably be most interested in a budget all-in-one amp + dac (such as the JOTUNHEIM, or the Massdrop CTH + SDAC DAC/Amp) but feel free to suggest what ever you feel would be best! :D

Thank you <3

I’m using Jot + Bimby and I’m pretty happy but would recommend high quality sources as the Clears can be really revealing.

Apr 4, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #5 of 25

Thank you <3

I'm using the CTH + Mimby with my Clears, and the combo sounds DIVINE.

Apr 4, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 25
It was meant more as an emphatic recommendation, not however to be taken as the last word. I'm sorry you took it that way and felt the need to call me out. Sigh.

Apr 5, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #12 of 25
Yes indeedy, I love the Clears! They're my first pair of $1000+ cans and the best headphones I've ever owned. I'm happy for the foreseeable future.

Apr 5, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #13 of 25
Frankly, you don't need to spend thousand dollars to make Clear sound divine. It is extremely efficient, so you don't need a powerful amp. The direct connection to your IPhone will be a good benchmark. Before you are going into a rabbit hole, make sure they sound better than the benchmark to your ears.

Apr 5, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #15 of 25
Frankly, you don't need to spend thousand dollars to make Clear sound divine. It is extremely efficient, so you don't need a powerful amp. The direct connection to your IPhone will be a good benchmark. Before you are going into a rabbit hole, make sure they sound better than the benchmark to your ears.
I know, I wasn't looking to spend TOO much, was thinking of like a magni 3 / modi 2 or massdrop cth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back