Best alternative for monolith liquid platinum?
Jan 25, 2022 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

piyuyi

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am a happy owner of a monolith liquid platinum by alex cavalli and I wanted to get another amplifier with the sound as close as possible, because the volume protection that the platinum has annoys me, because my audeze lcd-2c turns me off just when I reach the volume that makes them get their impact listening electronic music.
Has anyone tried another amplifier as similar as possible to the monolith liquid platinum that can recommend me?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 5
Hello, I am a happy owner of a monolith liquid platinum by alex cavalli and I wanted to get another amplifier with the sound as close as possible, because the volume protection that the platinum has annoys me, because my audeze lcd-2c turns me off just when I reach the volume that makes them get their impact listening electronic music.
Has anyone tried another amplifier as similar as possible to the monolith liquid platinum that can recommend me?

Thank you!
•. The Monolith LP Cavalli is a hybrid (tube/SS) headphone amplifier. The ‘closest’ that I can think of is the Schiit Audio Lyr 3 - a hybrid which uses one tube: a 6SN7.
• The sound of the Lyr 3 (and of the LP) can be altered by the choice of tube. I have experienced absolutely no problems with sound cutoff. I have owned a Lyr 3 for almost a year. Highly recommended! Picture below:
64C6B0DE-00CA-4141-BA23-1CCB49D038EF.jpeg

Jan 26, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #3 of 5
The truth is that the Lyr 3 looks good, the only problem I see is that it does not have XLR balanced output for headphones, and the audeze LCD-2C without the balanced cable look like other headphones, they sound bad.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Jan 26, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 5
The truth is that the Lyr 3 looks good, the only problem I see is that it does not have XLR balanced output for headphones, and the audeze LCD-2C without the balanced cable look like other headphones, they sound bad.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Ponder this: a well designed single-end headphone amplifier will outperform a flawed ‘balanced’ headphone amplifier. Balanced configuration is not a panacea.

Jan 26, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #5 of 5
Schiit Lyr3 is closest that you will get and has enough power to drive Audeze. Just get a pigtail cable to connect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back