Best all-around phone for <$100
Dec 31, 2007 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pummer

Head-Fier
I mostly use my Sharp HP-MD33S earbuds but increasingly I find myself wanting full-size headphones. I listen to a wide variety of music (folk, rock, psychadelic, hip-hop) so I'd like to know what you guys think is the best all-around headphone for less than $100, taking into account sound quality and comfort.

I won't be using an amp, and I'll be using a variety of sources ranging from a Sandisk Sansa to several computers to early-80s vintage Pioneer stereo equipment.

I'd prefer a closed phone, but an open one that doesn't leak too much sound is fine too.

I've seen deals recently on the HD280s, and I've heard them before and like how they sound - guess I'm just wondering if there's anything else worth looking at since I've got a bit more to spend than they're going for.

Dec 31, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 7
try a Sennheiser HD600 less "dark" then her big sister HD650 very good with all kind of music or if you want to spend a little bit more a Beyerdynamic dt880.Probably you can find one used for that price

Dec 31, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 7
Try looking for used Equation Audio RP-21.

Comfort can be and issue though, if you're going to wear them for long hours (3 hours +), mainly due to their plastic/rubber padding.

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by marillion64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try a Sennheiser HD600 less "dark" then her big sister HD650 very good with all kind of music or if you want to spend a little bit more a Beyerdynamic dt880.Probably you can find one used for that price

HD600 for $100?
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back