BEST ALBUM OF THE DECADE! Argue with it... if you can!
Mar 30, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by klb2122 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd have to go with in rainbows, amnesiac and hail to the thief over kid A myself. [/B]

I'd agree with In Rainbows and Amnesiac (mostly), but Hail to the Thief?.. Maybe four good songs and the rest is either cloying or annoying. The track order is all wrong, no ebb and flow at all, and they take the heavy filters and weird production tricks too far.

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still haven't heard Confield, will have to finally check it out now.

Please don't. On this forum I'm the only one to espouse its greatness, almost to the point of shtick. Don't take my shtick man. Besides, not many agree with me anyway.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 2, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #18 of 19
You know come to think of it Penultimate is the right word to use.
As far as I know they havent retired and I wouldnt want to label THIRD as the best of what Portishead could do. So I will stick with penultimate.

I keep hearing more and more in hail to the thief. It just doesnt seem to end. I'm also a sucker for all their filters and the super weight they can give a song. Keep in mind I adore flying saucer attack. GIVE ME NOISE!

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #19 of 19
I don't think that Third is even a good album, let alone the greatest of the decade. Dummy was an extraordinary album, Portishead an ambitious one, but Third is just tedious, and woefully short of actual "songs". (Not that all great albums have to have songs, but in Portishead's case I think it helps.) I was genuinely astonished when it came high in critics' polls for the year, because for me it was a total washout.

In Rainbows was/is my call for album of last decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back