Best album of the 90s, everyone agrees.
May 25, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #16 of 43

Quote:
My Bloodly Valentine- Loveless

That's my vote for the best album of the decade.  
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #18 of 43
Quote:
although "mellon colie..." share 4 of the smashing best songs ever (tonight tonight,33,bullet with butterfly wings,  79) i would pick "siamse dream" as their flagship album.

EDIT: ah...and you forgot to mention the pixies-"doolitle" and RHCP-"sex,sugar... etc."
bigsmile_face.gif

I would too, but it's already been mentioned.

Doolittle was released in 1989. And I did mention Blood Sugar Sex Magik. I just sorted my albums by year and scrolled through them, though I skipped a handful I was iffy about 
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #19 of 43
even more great albums!
i agree, lots of competition for number two.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Great albums! 
They can all be number two.
beerchug.gif

i wonder - are we poking fun at the thread starter, or at the unfortunates who don't agree, or at ourselves?
and - is there a difference?

i mean, hallo spaceboy, there's a guy here called head injury - he ought to understand.
we prick you, we prick you...

May 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #20 of 43

Quote:
I would too, but it's already been mentioned.

Doolittle was released in 1989. And I did mention Blood Sugar Sex Magik. I just sorted my albums by year and scrolled through them, though I skipped a handful I was iffy about 
biggrin.gif

yeah..the list could go on without an end anyway
smile.gif
   doolitle was realised in 89? really?
I always though it was a 90's album.  thanks for the info.

May 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #24 of 43

Quote:
C'mon Son, that's some bs, best of the nineties. Better than Nas Illmatic, Megadeth Rust in Peace, Joe Satriani self titled from1995, OutKast Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, Black Star, Wu Tang Clan Enter the 36 Chambers, Al Di Meola Kiss my Axe, any RATM album, the Vital Tech Tones, GFK Supreme Clientele,? The list goes on and on. Your favorite sure, but the best? No freakin' way.

what planet do you live on?  I've never heard any of these albums, much less put them in my top 1000.  But i don't listen to no hippity hop

May 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #25 of 43
I agree that Outside is a superb album and I still find the track "A Small Plot of Land" to be one of Bowies most imaginative creations. A tiny claim to fame, I was the first review on itunes for the album.

May 26, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #27 of 43
Hi guys
sorry i havent chimed in
I've been working on making a very special sausage for an exhibition opening this saturday.

The album is incredible and of course the opinion offered is mine, but why not state things with massive generalities that will get a conversation going.

OK Computer is great and so is dummy but they were both throttled by those bands later efforts, such as in rainbows and third and while those came in the following decade they cast a pale light on previous work helping to bump up 1. Outside, which i think blows them both away. Looking at all the albums mentioned yes they're all great for many reasons but I dont think there is a single album that has been mentioned that better depicts what the 90s were and how the 90s viewed the future. Nirvana was a reaction to hair bands, it's politics were a capping off of a period. Red Hot Chili Peppers produced a personal representation of what those guys were doing to deal, siamese dream sits in between. Meloncollie (or however you spell it) come close to what Bowie is doing but 1. Outside takes a longer view and spins a tale of the decade that is more all-encompassing and provides a pretty darn good image of what many thought things might be like in the years that followed. The songs are written beautifully and the recording/engineering is astounding Thanks ENO!.

That's why it's tops. That why everyone agrees, even if you dont, you do!

May 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #28 of 43
^ with all respect to the op, I'm with Trainspotting's Sick Boy on this one and prefer DB's earlier albums.  The album isn't on any big lists of the top albums of the decade (Rolling Stone, Spin, NME, Pitchfork..).  Are you perchance joking about 'everyone agrees' and the sausage?

May 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #29 of 43

Quote:

I've been working on making a very special sausage for an exhibition opening this saturday.

I want to see a picture of this special sausage you speak of....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back