Best Album of 1993
Nov 21, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #18 of 31
Big Country: The Buffalo Skinners

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #19 of 31
Since a lot of my favorites have been pointed out several times already, I'm going to have to mention The Mothers of Invention's "Ahead of Their Time". Even though a lot of the album is kinda out there, it still has one of the best recordings of Zappa's "King Kong". 

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #22 of 31
I was 1 year old in 93 
cool.gif

Siamese Dream has to be my number one for this year.

Most of my other top ones were listed but what about:

Butthole Surfers - Independent Worm Saloon
Radiohead - Pablo Honey

Wow, those were actually the only two I could find that someone hasn't already mentioned.. Good taste in this thread!

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:
I was 1 year old in 93 
cool.gif

I was 24
eek.gif

"In On The Kill Taker". Total grower that, after the EPs, "Repeater" and "Steady Diet..." (and a slew of killer gigs) was a bit of a disappointment because it wasn't as immediate.

It's probably my most played Fugazi album now though (and they definitely rank up amongst my favourite ever bands, and have done ever since the first EP, when I was unpopularily arguing with other "punks" that they were better than Minor Threat)

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:
I was 1 year old in 93 
cool.gif

Siamese Dream has to be my number one for this year.

Most of my other top ones were listed but what about:

Butthole Surfers - Independent Worm Saloon
Radiohead - Pablo Honey

Wow, those were actually the only two I could find that someone hasn't already mentioned.. Good taste in this thread!

it's not even good taste...looking at the releases in '93 i'm wondering if it might just rank in the best years ever for music!  

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #29 of 31
The albums I listen to now from 1993 include Vs, Pearl Jam; In Utero, Nirvana; Candlebox, Candlebox.

Back in 1993, I would have also listened to August and Everything After, Counting Crows a lot.

Oh, not sure if this counts, but Abba Gold also was released that year. Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back