Best $75-$80 phones for unamped 4G Nano
Dec 20, 2008 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SierraHotel01

100+ Head-Fier
Hoping for some quick advice:
have to buy the best SQ earphone (that's available nlt Monday/Tuesday) to pair with a 4G Nano (headphone jack - no amp), for a teenager who loves the sound of my W3's.

Am currently thinking NuForce NE-8 ($58 - I can order online tomorrow & pick up at their HQ in Milpitas, CA on Monday). Initial (even though limited) reports here are favorable.

What else is there?

(Already checked, and all the Apple Stores around here are out of their new $79 dual armature IEMs. Applw Store online is also out of stock. Can't imagine they would compare to the NE-8's, anyway).

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dong146 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if it's still available but if it is - I would jump on the SCL4s...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...tively-392555/

the_dong146:
Thanks again, for the tip regarding the SCL4's.

Called Guitar Center and they said they had 1 pair left at $79.
Pro Audio sales guy said he would hold them for me.

Drove down to Santa Clara store & picked them up.
(when I got there, he said he had 15 calls about them in the meantime)

Surprise: got home and discovered they were BLACK! (My lucky day)

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #5 of 7
Your welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope you like them - not sure how the sound signature compares to the W3s, but definitely a sweet deal

Full disclosure aside - I used to own/still sort of do own those things, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. Have to admit I seriously considered re-buying...

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dong146 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Full disclosure aside - I used to own/still sort of do own those things, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. Have to admit I seriously considered re-buying...

x2 on each account: Although I use my customs quite a bit more, I do still own (& enjoy) my e4c's & they synergize very nicely with my Lyrix & its bass boost; I also have a soft spot for them because they were my introduction into this whole Head-Fi world (& are the reason I'm now broke
wink.gif
); I did take advantage of this $80 killer deal to give as a Christmas gift for my nephew, but I almost thought about getting another extra set...even though there is not a thing wrong with my 2 1/2 year old original pair (READ: no cable issues or any other problems
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Hmmm....this has me wondering if I should call down to my local Guitar Center AGAIN (?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back