best $50ish IEMs? More info in post obviously
Apr 15, 2018 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lilboozy

100+ Head-Fier
I'll be using the iPhone 6

I want an IEM with more sub bass than the earpods (super easy), and similar or higher amounts of mid bass

mids and treble should be neutral

decently big soundstage

Apr 15, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 6
The most commonly recommended IEM in your price range, the SoundMAGIC E10, will not really have the bass you are seeking--so it is probably out. Personally, given your signature interests, I think you should try to stretch your budget a bit and look into a Fiio FH1. It is going to have the bass you are looking for but still with solid mids and treble. If on the other hand, you want to stay in the $50 price range, I would highly recommend a VSONIC VSD1S, which ticks most of your boxes as well. Just my take and YMMV, of course--as always.

Apr 15, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 6
The most commonly recommended IEM in your price range, the SoundMAGIC E10, will not really have the bass you are seeking--so it is probably out. Personally, given your signature interests, I think you should try to stretch your budget a bit and look into a Fiio FH1. It is going to have the bass you are looking for but still with solid mids and treble. If on the other hand, you want to stay in the $50 price range, I would highly recommend a VSONIC VSD1S, which ticks most of your boxes as well. Just my take and YMMV, of course--as always.
regarding the vsd1s, aren't the vsd3s also in my price range? would those be better?

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 6
regarding the vsd1s, aren't the vsd3s also in my price range? would those be better?
Yes. The VSD3S are slightly more detailed and have more robust bass by a modest amount. There is one available on amazon at the moment for 60 bucks but they are a bit hard to come by otherwise. It is a bit better than the VSD1S, but not a lot IMO. Just my take and YMMV...

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back