Best $50-60 dollar headphones
Aug 12, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #16 of 42
SR-60, or if you want to get away on the cheap, and get approximately 85% of what the SR-60s can do, then the KOSS Portapros or Sportapros should do the trick. Just know that the jack on the PSP is flimsy, and not really designed to have a beefy, heavy plug/cord inserted into it (like the one on an SR-60). As such, the KOSS phones may be a more practical decision, at a much lower price.

I personally use the JVC marshmallows with my PSP (this combo synergizes very well, believe it or not). But If I were opposed to IEMs, and wanted a pair of phones meeting your criteria, then the only three I would even consider are the ones I mentioned.

Good luck.

P.S. The AKG K81 DJs are also a good candidate, assuming you are impervious to the extreme vice-like grip they are capable of exerting. I sadly however, was not. By far the most painful headphones I have ever owned.

Aug 12, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #18 of 42
Ok guys; I'll admit it. Sr-60 IS probably the right one(from a Senns fan AND a Grado fan)but be forewarned, an "Upgradoitus Bug" is packed in every Pizza Box!
icon10.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iGrado is what you want.

What is "iGrado"? Sounds like Steve Jobs murdered John Grado overnight and no one told me.

Another go for the Grado SR60. They were my first entry into the headphone world and I can say they're spectacular for quiet environment listening. Then they're even better at all the LAN parties I go to. Because of the open design I can talk to people and actually hear them as opposed to closed cans.

Aug 12, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #23 of 42
I guess im the only one who would buy b-stock from sennheiser for cheap. i bought a pair of HD465 for $25 and there is a pair of HD515 for ~$50 shipped. in my experience grado's are uncomfortable but they have a huge following so maybe my ears are weird shaped

Aug 12, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #25 of 42
Just be careful with the headphone sensitivity : I guess the power output of the PSP should be low and if you want to achieve a sufficient sound level (especially in noisy environement) you should go for a high sensitivity headphone.

I guess the grado SR-60 is 98db which might be a bit weak or you'll need to amp it.

I'd suggest to go with an IEM which generally have high sensitivity. In your price range the Mylarone X3 is an excellent choice.

Aug 12, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Volucris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another go for the Grado SR60. They were my first entry into the headphone world and I can say they're spectacular for quiet environment listening. Then they're even better at all the LAN parties I go to. Because of the open design I can talk to people and actually hear them as opposed to closed cans.

As opposed to hearing footsteps and gunfire
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What cave have you been in?

Yeah!
biggrin.gif
Even "I've" heard of the iGrado
tongue.gif
! Haven't heard one though. Sounds like it could be a possibility to look into at that!

...I just kinda forgot they existed....
blink.gif

Hi Rick!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back