Best $400-$530 foldable cans?
Oct 9, 2014 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

coolpepper43

New Head-Fier
I am trying to find some over the ear closed cans that are also foldable/durablish . I mainly listen to rock, folk, and electronic. The price range is the best for $530 before taxes/fees. Heavy base is not required. Any recommendations? Thank you!!!!

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you very much for replying. Those look nice but I'm looking for something a little more highend. Lets just say someone owes me $530 for replacements and the Focals cost about $350. Is there anything better? Thank you!

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 4
  Thank you very much for replying. Those look nice but I'm looking for something a little more highend. Lets just say someone owes me $530 for replacements and the Focals cost about $350. Is there anything better? Thank you!

None that I'm aware of. Price isn't the only indicator for "high end" though. The nice thing about the Spirit Pros is they're the best portable cans in one regard: they don't scratch easily. One of the best known portable circumaurals for example is the Ultrasone Edition 8, but without a dedicated case to put them in right after using, you'd risk scratching up those polished earcups. Ditto tearing the Ethipian lambskin pads. 

Basically there's likely a huge gap between $350 for the Spirit Pros and a few other competitors and the $1,200 basic version of the Ed8 and the Beyer T5P (which doesn't fold). You can try custom IEMs for $500 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back