best 4 gig out there!!
Mar 29, 2007 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

xenochimera

100+ Head-Fier
anyways i got tired of my nano and decided to sell everything, offers are made on the cans and turbo dock already, the nano it self will sell quite easily on ebay, and i will find a way to get rid of the xtra-x1 amp. why? so i can get a 4 gig flash player to run IEMs. so i am considering the Samsung yp-t9, iaudio u3, cowon d2. i am leaning towards the iaudio for its size and simplicity, i dont need to watch videos or photos for it. i also had very good experiences with iriver in the past so if anyone have those to suggest, i will be very happy. also, if you guys can think of a IEM with great isolation i will be almost eternally grateful. thx everybody. *size is important* the smaller the better, but SQ is even more important as long as its not buldgeing like a 30 gig ipod or zune, its fine.

this might sound weird but if the player is to be used horozontally, thats a plus.

Mar 29, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 17
The 4gb iriver clix is a great player (I have one
biggrin.gif
) although it does all the video/photo stuff which you say you don't need. Its still really neat and small though. If you want some photos of it in my hand and size comparisons with things then just shout - its actually a lot smaller than it looks in the photos.

Iriver also have the Clix2 coming out soon, which is an updated version of the clix with an amazing Samsung AMOLED, slightly updated interface (the first one was good enough), UMS support, a bit thinner, 30fps video, etc.

The clix sounds great unamped with my Shure e4cs.

Mar 29, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 17
thx man, i saw a iriver t50 i believe, 4 gigs, if anyone had experience that line, please let me know.

EDIT: hmm dont think the t50 comes in 4 gigs.. damn.

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 17
I just bought my son a new Sansa 260 4-gig flash player, I am pretty impressed for 105.00 at Buy.com

It has about the same size as the Nano (thicker) but very nice color screen, can handle video, has a built in radio, can record off the radio, adj EQ and has a Micro Sd slot for adding an extra 2 gigs when your music folder gets full... for 105 bucks it is pretty hard to beat, and excellent interface. Add that one to your list if you have not already

Sonically, about the same with a copy of the same MPEG3 file from it or my 5.5 gen IPOD

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #7 of 17
Anyone know if the clix2 is going to be operated with side touch buttons like the clix?
I am not that informed on it, but my impression of the clix (and clix2) is that you have to wear them around your neck because there is no hold button and you can't have random things touching the sides.

Is this true? Tell me it isn't so, because if it is, it seems incredibly unpractical to me.

Mar 30, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #8 of 17
u3!
beautiful sound with enough punch to drive many phones to decent levels...
great to use in pocket (jeans) + the controls (joystick + 3 buttons- 2 can be "programed") i can easily work without looking.
ok battery, huge amount of information on the display.
etc...

wink.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sayrum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
u3!
beautiful sound with enough punch to drive many phones to decent levels...
great to use in pocket (jeans) + the controls (joystick + 3 buttons- 2 can be "programed") i can easily work without looking.
ok battery, huge amount of information on the display.
etc...

wink.gif

yeah im pretty much set on that player unless something else comes along between now and when i get enough cash for it.

Mar 30, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #10 of 17
Eh.. having owned a clix1 and a D2 the D2 is vastly superior in pretty much every area (It is more expensive though).

Nother vote for the D2 for me... other things to consider would be Meizu M6 and Iriver x20 for me.

Mar 30, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
teclast c280 will also give you a good sq with its wolfson dac

Is this player available now? It looks good, specs and aesthetics wise. I might just pick one up if it is as cheap as I read it would be.

Mar 31, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnbon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if the clix2 is going to be operated with side touch buttons like the clix?
I am not that informed on it, but my impression of the clix (and clix2) is that you have to wear them around your neck because there is no hold button and you can't have random things touching the sides.

Is this true? Tell me it isn't so, because if it is, it seems incredibly unpractical to me.

Yes the clix2 is operated the same way as the clix. And you can put both of them on hold (I believe pressing both volume buttons at the same time puts the player on/off hold).

Mar 31, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Actually there is hold button on clix2
http://www.clixhere.net/clix-2nd-gen...2-control.html

Mar 31, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #14 of 17
I think Teclast products are available on ebay and HouseofDap.com. Interested in hearing about it. I think someone made a few comments about the sound, but it was nothing definitive sounding.

Mar 31, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Yes, the clix/clix2 is operated by the "d-click" thing - its actually very pleasant to use.

No, you don't wear the clix/clix2 round your neck. Its a pocket thing, or you can get an armband.

No, the clix does have a hold switch and it also stops the sides from clicking when its on.

And no, its not touch-sensitive, its actually buttons which you press. The screen physically rocks/presses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back