Best $300+ open-ear headphones for PC gaming?
Oct 3, 2019 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chziime

New Head-Fier
I am a professional videographer who sometimes games.

I have JBL LSR305 speakers for general PC use including music and video editing, Audio-Technica m50x headphones for monitoring audio on videoshoots, and I prefer to use IEMs for music on the go.

However, I am looking for good gaming headphones. I did my research on forums, but there are so many conflicting opinions, and I don't really have the ears to test things for myself and know the difference.

Basically, I don't need anything "precise" (e.g. I don't need to hear footsteps, etc, for competitive gaming), I just want something atmospheric and fun, also very comfortable.

Thanks for any advice!

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 4
For well under your $300 budget, check out the Sennheiser HD58X and Soundmagic HP200 headphones.
What DAC/amp or sound card or motherboard will you be plugging the headphones into?

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Yep those are two I would pick .

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 4
Ah, you seem confident! Any differences between those two?

I don't have any amps. I normally plug headphones directly into my Crosshair VII Hero motherboard, but I use a Audient iD14 for my speakers... it has a headphone port that I've never used. Would the Audient sound better than direct into the motherboard?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back