Best $30 Spent - Get your hearing back. - Do it..
Oct 30, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #46 of 67
Or even better a spoon of Coke.

Oct 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #47 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to have it done for my work.

I have to ask - what job requires regular ear cleaning?

Oct 31, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #48 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you insist on posting, please try to avoid illiterate uses of the English language.

First of all, comma splice is illiterate.

Well there are a couple of things that I have gained from reading all this,1 would be the fact that a lot are trying to eliminate something that protects there hearing,and number 2 would be the fact that a few have very dirty ears,I would not like to see the rest of there bodies.

That attempted (and I do mean attempted) sentence would be a classic example.

You should probably Google "comma splice," because you obviously don't know what that means. After you do, I'm not sure you will have an idea, but I tried, didn't I?

Second, and less important, consider how to use numbers in your prose. The use of numerals to represent numbers less than 10 is, at best, clumsy. Numbers less than 10 are correctly spelled out. Two, as opposed to 2, O.K.?

Third. You clearly do not know the difference between the words there, their, and they're.

Let me help you, because you clearly need help.

There is a place. Think of it as the opposite of here. Their is in used to represent a reference or attribution to people or objects, as in "their fault."

They're is a contraction, as in "They are."

Please try to do better in your future posts. For all I kinow, you may be a genius. But I have no way of knowing that on the basis of your last post.

Get a life Muck Head.Or enlist,I am sure your country will not miss you.

Oct 31, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #49 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, give the guy a break - he's Australian, so English is his second language.

Actually I think that America had a lot to do with the bastardization of the English language.

Certainly had a lot to do with the changes in spelling that have occured over the last 50-60 years.

I will leave it now,am waiting for DrBinway to correct my spelling again.

Nov 2, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #51 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As has been stated many times here, this is a bad idea.

See also: Why Ear Candling Is Not a Good Idea

Thanks for that. I had about 5 sessions, for free and came to no harm. A lot of muck did appear to come out of my ears and they were less crackly afterwards. I will not recommend it again!

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #53 of 67
This is incredibly gross and why I'm glad I listened when they told me q-tips are bad. Still, I guess I'd have to see the results of people with non-q-tiped ears to compare. Do they release statistics?

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #54 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by TStewart422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't give anyone ideas!

Works for pennies and works for ears. Also it tastes good and will thus improve your taste in music when used in the ear
beerchug.gif

Nov 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #56 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have these tiny little scoop things (like if someone took a length of 14 gauge wire and shaped a spoon on the end) that I use to scrape out the insides of my ear maybe twice a year. It might be an Asian thing; that's how my family's always done it.

Growing up, my mom and I would use the ear pick on each other's ears a few times a week. Now that I've moved out for school, I use the ear pick daily on myself. Works great for whenever your ears itch.

I dunno how you guys manage itchy ears.

Nov 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #57 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Growing up, my mom and I would use the ear pick on each other's ears a few times a week. Now that I've moved out for school, I use the ear pick daily on myself. Works great for whenever your ears itch.

haha i love that. it's super therapeutic! but it doesn't really clean it all out to be honest and I've swapped over to using audiclean this week and my IEM tips barely have any wax comin' off now so I'm really happy actually.

AUDICLEAN: The safer alternative to cotton swabs

not sure about the hydrogen peroxide mix. it might be a cheaper alternative solution =)

Nov 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #58 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

read this:
"Chronic Q-tip use creates dryness in the sensitive ear canal. Dry skin itches. People with itchy ears use Q-tips (and other found objects) to scratch them. The scratching causes itching. Do you see the cycle here? Eventually, the damaged skin will break down and crack, allowing opportunistic bacteria or yucky fungus to invade. Congratulations. You have caused otitis externa, also known as Swimmer's Ear.

Speaking of swimmers, chronic water exposure can wash out all of the protective wax, too, causing the water to remain in the ear canal. In order to remove the water, people will use Q-tips, or put drops of drying alcohol in the ear canal, often making the matters worse." -- from webmd

I experienced this myself. Not using q-tips after every shower actually stopped the itching in my right ear.
Also I don't have large chunks or pieces of earwax so q-tips work perfectly fine for me (there's no pushing back of earwax into the ear canal).
Been at the doc a few weeks ago and he said that everything's fine - and I have never used anything else but hot water and q-tips to clean my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back