2. Black Album (forget all you naysayers
biggrin.gif
)
3. S&M

Apr 25, 2006 at 8:29 AM Post #33 of 64
1. Master of Puppets
2. ...And Justice For All
3. The second disc of Garage Inc.

Kill 'Em All is a great album, but for true thrash there's other albums I prefer (the only thing that can't be matched is "Pulling Teeth"). As for Ride the Lightning, it's pretty much the alternative version of MoP; that being said, I prefer "Damage, Inc." and "Disposable Heroes" to "Creeping Death" and "Fight Fire With Fire".

Apr 25, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #34 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by en480c4
1. Master Of Puppets
2. Ride The Lightning
3. ...And Justice For All

/ Discussion
rs1smile.gif

What he said.
Master of Puppets is THE album that made Metallica. Ride The Lightning was great due to For Whom The Bell Tolls and Fade To Black. And Justice For All was incredible to come out after losing Cliff.

Apr 26, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #36 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by guynamedjohn
1) Ride The Lightning
2) Ride The Lightning
3) A tie between Ride The Lightning and Ride The Lightning

i can play ride the lightning on the guitar!

justice,
puppets,
lightning.

Apr 26, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #37 of 64
Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
Kill em All

This is just imo, and Kill em All does sound a bit dated now, but anasthesia is so awesome! And seek and destroy!
tongue.gif

As somebody once said about rtl in comparison to mop, it has lower low points but higher high points throughout the album, if that makes sense.

Apr 26, 2006 at 2:55 PM Post #38 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
Go right down the line, first three made in order with best album being debut:

1)Kill em All
2)Ride the Lightning
3)Master of Puppets

After MOP the band just treaded water with Justice and Black then went downhill fast...........

It took 11 posts before someone got it right!
icon10.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #40 of 64
Live Snit: Binge and Purge (is that cheating?)
Master of Puppets
Ride the Lightning

I still like Kill 'Em All, but not as much as I used to. I think it's because I'm listening to it on a better system now. Oh, and because I'm getting old, of course. The black album is OK - I give them credit for trying to expand their horizons, so to speak. Justice is kind of funny for me, because it didn't seem to have real standouts (for me) compared to previous albums, but now when I listen to it I do really like it - it's got a real heaviness to it that I appreciate. I don't really care to listen to anything after the black album.

Edit: to at least get 3 out of 4 letters correct - damn censor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back