best 3.5mm extension cord?
Feb 21, 2008 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

carmatic

100+ Head-Fier
hi guys, the audio setup in my home requires around 6 meters of 3.5mm male-female cable... i used to have a pretty high end cable running the length, but it got cut under a door... ive looked on the internet and all they seem to be selling are cheapo molded extension cables, but i would like something just a little bit better... anyone know where to buy something like that?

Feb 23, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 18
are you sure the "better premium" cables actually improve audio?

anyways, i just use monoprice.com or, try bluejeans cables

Feb 23, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #3 of 18
X2 blue jeans

Feb 23, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you sure the "better premium" cables actually improve audio?

one thing im really looking forward to is having both channels equally loud when my headphones are plugged into the cable...something is just wrong with one of the cheap cables ive bought to replace my original one, the signal of the left channel gets reduced in the cable

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #6 of 18
do blue jeans actually make 3.5mm stuff?

Feb 25, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #7 of 18
Yup, the last cable I just picked up was a 4 ft mini to mini. it was under 30 bux if I remember right?

Feb 25, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #8 of 18
i cant find anything like that on their site, the closest i found are rca red-white stereo cables

audcombo.jpg

Feb 27, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #9 of 18
anyone know where to get some of these blue jeans cabling shipped to the UK? i cant find any...

Feb 27, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #10 of 18
Markertek offers custom service or stock cable, with Canare, Mogami, or Belden star quad cabling, and the 3.5 mm Canare/Calrad/Markertek connectors.

Feb 29, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #12 of 18
that isn't what he is looking for I don't think. That one is 1 a 1/4" to 1/8" cable.

Feb 29, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #13 of 18
oh , dont worry... i am using a pair of akg k701's, and i am going to be hooking it up to my soundcard... i dont have any 1/4" equipment, yet the k701 is cabled with a 1/4" plug, so i need to use its 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor all the time
but now this canare cable will be like an adaptor, and an extension cable at the same time

::edit:: by the way, 'he' is me

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Markertek sells stereo mini male-to-female extension cables using Canare Starquad microphone cable with Canare mini terminations pre-fabricated in a variety of colors and lengths. The starquad cable makes it highly resistive to local interference and physical damage. I own one and the sound is on par with BlueJeans cables, which I also own and use. If you look at the Markertek offerings, be sure to verify the terminations (male mini stereo, female mini stereo) as Markertek makes these extender cables in mono and stereo with a variety of termination combinations.

the cable i've bought is a mini starquad , and having a 1/4" female end means its direcly compatible with my akg k701, i wouldnt have to use the 1/4" to 1/8" converter that came with the headphones anymore

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #15 of 18
Markertek sells stereo mini male-to-female extension cables using Canare Starquad microphone cable with Canare mini terminations pre-fabricated in a variety of colors and lengths. The starquad cable makes it highly resistive to local interference and physical damage. I own one and the sound is on par with BlueJeans cables, which I also own and use. If you look at the Markertek offerings, be sure to verify the terminations (male mini stereo, female mini stereo) as Markertek makes these extender cables in mono and stereo with a variety of termination combinations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back