Best 2GB flash portable player?
Dec 9, 2006 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

CloudySkies

100+ Head-Fier
My iAudio M3 is a bit too cumbersome anymore to take on the go with the whole remote setup and all of it's wires. I want a smaller 2GBish flash player to use when I'm on the go. So which of the Cowon iAudio T2, Samsung YEPP YP-Z5, and the iRiver Clix has the best sound quality? I'm kind of leaning towars the T2 just because I'm already familiar with iAudio, but I'd spring for either the Samsung or iRiver if somebody can give me a good reason to go that route. Thanks!

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #3 of 19
I would definitely go for the Meizu. I own an X5 and a Meizu m6 and the sq on the meizu blows the x5 out of the water! This is sad for me because I keep reaching for a player that has 28gb less capacity
frown.gif
If you have decent headphones get the meizu and your ears will thank you.

Dec 10, 2006 at 11:52 AM Post #5 of 19
im gonna buy an iaudio g3 soon... it WAS $105 at amazon, but they jakked up the price =(

buy.com has it for $105 and has that $20 off $50 google checkout thing... so you might wanna poke around there too.

is there any SQ difference btw. the G3 and U3? i picked the G3 cuz i dont need video and its smaller & cheaper. im planning on using it with v-moda vibes or akg k81dj's...

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:01 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudySkies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My iAudio M3 is a bit too cumbersome anymore to take on the go with the whole remote setup and all of it's wires. I want a smaller 2GBish flash player to use when I'm on the go. So which of the Cowon iAudio T2, Samsung YEPP YP-Z5, and the iRiver Clix has the best sound quality? I'm kind of leaning towars the T2 just because I'm already familiar with iAudio, but I'd spring for either the Samsung or iRiver if somebody can give me a good reason to go that route. Thanks!

The Clix is nice, but don't forget its meant to be used with WMP. I'd look at the Meizu M6 instead [180.00 for 4GB], or go with the iaudio U3.

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:09 PM Post #8 of 19
I'll put a plug in for the creative zen v plus. I don't think the output is really powerful, so hopefully your headphones aren't too hard to drive. I use a set of ety's with them and it sounds *nice*. Plus it's tiny too!

Of the players you mentioned, I've heard lots of good stuff about the Z5 - was actually thinking of getting one myself!

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #9 of 19
wow.....that Meizu player looks awsome, the only problem is that I don't know if I could justify spending close to $200 for a 4GB flash player. I could get a 30GB Creative Zen Vision M or Toshiba Gigabeat for that much. Where are you guys buying these from anyway? At the moment, it's pretty much down to either the Cowon T2 or the Meizu if I decide to splurge......that thing does look way too awsome
frown.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudySkies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow.....that Meizu player looks awsome, the only problem is that I don't know if I could justify spending close to $200 for a 4GB flash player. I could get a 30GB Creative Zen Vision M or Toshiba Gigabeat for that much. Where are you guys buying these from anyway? At the moment, it's pretty much down to either the Cowon T2 or the Meizu if I decide to splurge......that thing does look way too awsome
frown.gif

You can get the Meizu online from walgreens... Yeah, walgreens.
http://www.walgreens.com/search/sear...=meizu&x=0&y=0

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get the Meizu online from walgreens... Yeah, walgreens.
http://www.walgreens.com/search/sear...=meizu&x=0&y=0

holy mother of #$@*&^ amazon is selling it for $250 and NOW you tell me! man, thanks for heads up! i might consider this over the iAudio G3!

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #13 of 19
Dec 10, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #15 of 19
I'm going for the Cowon iAudio F2. Above the iAudio D1 (a bit bigger and has a DAB radio) because I don't trust that the DAB reception on the D1 will be any good...which will just be annoying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back