Best $200 range amp for HD600
Jan 14, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #31 of 39
I'm surprised I had to read through so many posts to find the Little Dot MK III. You not only get something with plenty of power for the HD600 but you can have some fun rolling tubes.

I also have the iBasso D4 Mamba that probably wouldn't be a great amp for the Senns but makes for a wonderful DAC from computer and then into LD MKIII.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why was I reading everywhere that at some point they switched to a better cable? I hate when I read it enough times that I think it must be true.
angry_face.gif

I was under that impression for a while as well.

But here's the thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/how...8/#post6201106

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

I just received an RWAudio AMP1 with stock opamps installed, and the upgraded opamps to try later. I'll give it a couple hundred hours of burn-in and post my impressions in a review thread, including with the HD600.

Can't wait for your review as usual. Do you think you could perchance test a combination of the Nuforce uDAC and the RWAudio AMP1? Would be awesome if you could.

Thanks a lot.

Jan 14, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

I would say that. You may find if you have the older stock D2000 cable that the highs are slightly sharp with the stock tubes, but something like a Raytheon 6AK5 would fix that (or the newer D2000 cable that is like the D5000 cable which came with them later).

See http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6228277-post8.html

Thanks for the quick response! I think I'll pull the trigger next month or something, and if I do feel that the highs are slightly sharp I guess I'll simply buy the tubes mentioned. You didn't have a chance to try them out with the ESW10JPN did ya? Not that they will be my primary cans with it, but I do tend to alternate between them and the D2000
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #35 of 39
Little Dot MK V works wonders with my HD650, which are the sister of HD600 (and btw - many feel HD650 are better - really neither is "better" they are just two different flavours and its down to personal preference) so should work a treat with them too.

Little Dots MK III (as already noted), IV, V and upwards will all do high-end Sennheisers justice from what I've read, and are all reasonably priced.

Jan 14, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #36 of 39
Little Dot MKIII /w Mullard Nos tubes

/thread

Jan 14, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #37 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was under that impression for a while as well.

But here's the thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/how...8/#post6201106

Thanks for this link. I had been looking for it for a while.
smily_headphones1.gif

Upon further reading: Glad to hear that there is not actually an upgraded MK II D2000 cable. Not that that would be a bad thing, but at least I know that my "MK I" D2000 is up to date!

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't wait for your review as usual. Do you think you could perchance test a combination of the Nuforce uDAC and the RWAudio AMP1? Would be awesome if you could.

Thanks a lot.

I will use the Pico DAC and uDAC. Right now I am in the Pico/AMP1 listening stages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the quick response! I think I'll pull the trigger next month or something, and if I do feel that the highs are slightly sharp I guess I'll simply buy the tubes mentioned. You didn't have a chance to try them out with the ESW10JPN did ya? Not that they will be my primary cans with it, but I do tend to alternate between them and the D2000
smily_headphones1.gif

ESW10 sound good with everything, including EF2.

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

ESW10 sound good with everything, including EF2.

Haha that was the answer I was expecting and hoping for, thanks again mate! ^^ I will definitely buy this little beauty within a month or so ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back