Best $200 in ears for me, please advice
May 19, 2009 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

joeyke87

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,

First of all i'm sorry for the 100000 post about this but i really can't make a decision. I'm looking for a new pair of in ears since my V-moda Vibes Duo has broken. I mainly listen to pop music (sometimes dance/hardstyle wich needs a bit of bass.) That i'm going to use with my Iphone and Ipod video and sometimes a Cowon D2. All without amps.

After reading several topic i think i've narrowed it down to:

Sennheiser ie7
Ultimate Ears 5, (EB)

At first i was also interested in the new monster beats by dr. dre, but then i read that many people don't find them comfortable. And that is something that is very important to me since i'm going to use them for long travels etc.

So i hope someone can help me out here. I've also looked to the Westone 2 but there over my budget here in the netherlands.

May 19, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 11
I have the IE7's and used to have the 5 EB's. The IE7's are a much better IEM. The EB's are rather large and it gave me the 'Frankenstein' look. The IE7's have better detail and soundstage, while the EB's will have more oomph to the bass department, but the IE7's bass is tighter and more controlled. I do like the fact that the EB's have user replaceable cables. The IE7's don't but the IE8's do.

May 19, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the IE7's and used to have the 5 EB's. The IE7's are a much better IEM. The EB's are rather large and it gave me the 'Frankenstein' look. The IE7's have better detail and soundstage, while the EB's will have more oomph to the bass department, but the IE7's bass is tighter and more controlled. I do like the fact that the EB's have user replaceable cables. The IE7's don't but the IE8's do.

Thanks for your reply, it did make me go for the IE8. It was a little bit over my budget but like you said about te replaceable cable made me go for the IE8 since i had a broken cable with the CX300 and the V Moda Vibes.

May 19, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyke87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your reply, it did make me go for the IE8. It was a little bit over my budget but like you said about te replaceable cable made me go for the IE8 since i had a broken cable with the CX300 and the V Moda Vibes.

Let us know your impressions of the IE8 when you get them. To get them to sound their best, burn them in for around 200 to 300 hours. I burned in my set for over 400+ hours using a combination of pink and white noise and there was a big difference in sound quality as compared to the 'right out of the box' sound. Congratulations on your purchase of a top tier iem.

May 19, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let us know your impressions of the IE8 when you get them. To get them to sound their best, burn them in for around 200 to 300 hours. I burned in my set for over 400+ hours using a combination of pink and white noise and there was a big difference in sound quality as compared to the 'right out of the box' sound. Congratulations on you're purchase of a top tier iem.

the heck is pink and white noise?

May 19, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rye10516 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the heck is pink and white noise?

LOL, ive heard of white noise before but pink noise, now that's a new one for me, can someone clarify what this is?

May 20, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #11 of 11
Thanks for the link, when the IE8 arrive. I will immediately put them on the burn-in wave generator. After all that i guess it's best to put my findings in the appreciation threat. Once again thanks, if it wasn't for your reply then i guess i was still reading several UE5 vs. IE 7/8 topics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back