Best 200$ Headphones for PC Gaming and Computer FLAC/320 mp3 files
Nov 30, 2011 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

ineedmorebase

500+ Head-Fier
So I LOVE BASS and quality and vocal presence etc, if you want to understand my tastes, basically imagine the Triple Fi 10's clarity and amazing vocals, but with like 4 times it's bass >:) 

My music is really bass-heavy and I love bass, but i dislike 'phones like the xb500 because they just suck so much in sound quality compared to the TF10's. I sold my TF10's because of not enough bass, so yeah, hope you understand.

Also, which soundcard?? Asus essence? HT Claro? Should i look for one with an internal headphone amp?

Thanks again A LOOOOT :D

Type of music: (Trance)

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/53428158/file.html @ 0:58!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 35
Heya,

Gaming (sound stage; imaging) & Bass? Ok.

Ultrasone HFI 2400
Beyer DT990 PRO

Edit: Your music tastes noted. The above still applies for all your needs in this price range. They are very bassy for open air headphones that have good sound stages for games. They are both easily driven. A Xonar STX would be great. Also, you can equalize to increase bass a little more in an impactful way (ie, the 50hz, 40hz, and 30hz ranges for serious sub bass). Ideally: get the Ultrasone HFI 2400.

Very best,

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 35

Quote:
Heya,

Ultrasone HFI 2400
Beyer DT990 PRO

Very best,

You forgot music :) also, did you take into consideration my "tastes" and last, what about the soundcard!! xD

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 35

Quote:
Heya,

Ultrasone HFI 2400
Beyer DT990 PRO

Very best,

" Had the Bose over ear and it packs more punch than the beyer 990. 

So i guess if u r looking for a bassy headphone..u might wanna pass this. [size=small][/size]
Undoubtedly the most comfortable headphone~ "

I DO want a bassy phone :p! but thanks for the recc. none the less.

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 35
Both are excellent cans for electronica.  Soundcard can vary, the Ultrasones are far easier to drive and a Xonar DG provides plenty of juice, get an ST if you want better sound quality.  Can't comment on the Beyers as I've never owned them.
Quote:
You forgot music :) also, did you take into consideration my "tastes" and last, what about the soundcard!! xD

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #6 of 35

Quote:
Both are excellent cans for electronica.  Soundcard can vary, the Ultrasones are far easier to drive and a Xonar DG provides plenty of juice, get an ST if you want better sound quality.  Can't comment on the Beyers as I've never owned them.

What about THE BASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?

and what would ST>Zo2> headphone sound like? would that satisfy my bass needs? do u know if the zo would be good synergy with them? 

thanks!

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #7 of 35
IMO you got some good advice from Mal, although I personally havent heard the Ultrasone's mentioned,  they generally have a U-shaped signature that work well with most type of EDM.  I can say you wont be dissapointed by the Beyers in tems of bass, or the sound signature, for listening to the linked track.  I would look carefully into the impedance if you go this route as finding a soundcard to drive the 600ohm set may be tricky.  The 250Ohm version can easily be driven by the asus essence STX, but I am not going to recommend any other card type as that is the only pairing I could comment on. 

You may also want to look at the Denon range if you would consider a closed can and can stretch you budget a little, they can also recreate excellent levels of bass but maybe not "perfect" for gaming due to the closed nature, also not too hard to drive so an internal card will offer plenty of juice. 

One more option, although I havent tried them, could be something from the Fischer Audio range.  They do come highly recommended for the price point and have both open and closed models within your budget.  I believe Mal has tested a couple of these so may be able to offer more details.

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #8 of 35

Quote:
IMO you got some good advice from Mal, although I personally havent heard the Ultrasone's mentioned,  they generally have a U-shaped signature that work well with most type of EDM.  I can say you wont be dissapointed by the Beyers in tems of bass, or the sound signature, for listening to the linked track.  I would look carefully into the impedance if you go this route as finding a soundcard to drive the 600ohm set may be tricky.  The 250Ohm version can easily be driven by the asus essence STX, but I am not going to recommend any other card type as that is the only pairing I could comment on. 

You may also want to look at the Denon range if you would consider a closed can and can stretch you budget a little, they can also recreate excellent levels of bass but maybe not "perfect" for gaming due to the closed nature, also not too hard to drive so an internal card will offer plenty of juice. 

One more option, although I havent tried them, could be something from the Fischer Audio range.  They do come highly recommended for the price point and have both open and closed models within your budget.  I believe Mal has tested a couple of these so may be able to offer more details.

I see, I saw 2 people saying it was NOT basshead bass performance, but do you think that could change with essence>zo2>headphone?  

also, the halo xt has a headphone amp too, and is also 200 bucks...

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #9 of 35

Quote:
Heya,

Ultrasone HFI 2400
Beyer DT990 PRO

Edit: Your music tastes noted. The above still applies for all your needs in this price range. They are very bassy for open air headphones that have good sound stages for games. They are both easily driven. A Xonar STX would be great. Also, you can equalize to increase bass a little more in an impactful way (ie, the 50hz, 40hz, and 30hz ranges for serious sub bass). Ideally: get the Ultrasone HFI 2400.

Very best,

Thanks! the essense does not have a amp right? do you think it would have good synergy with a Zo2?

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #11 of 35

Quote:
Thanks! the essense does not have a amp right? do you think it would have good synergy with a Zo2?

The Asus Essence STX does have an amp, and it will drive the Beyer DT990 pro well enough.

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #14 of 35
Heya,

Seems like you're pushing your actual spending to be quite higher. If that's the case, here's what I would suggest, as adding the ZO2 after your main amplifier would not be optimal if the headphone is high impedance.

Suggestion: Xonar DG (dolby headphone) -> ZO2 -> FiiO E9 -> Headphone

Look into that perhaps.

Also, I think RPGWizard has the ZO2, perhaps he can tell you how it works in conjunction with sound cards.

Very best,

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #15 of 35

Quote:
Heya,

Seems like you're pushing your actual spending to be quite higher. If that's the case, here's what I would suggest, as adding the ZO2 after your main amplifier would not be optimal if the headphone is high impedance.

Suggestion: Xonar DG (dolby headphone) -> ZO2 -> FiiO E9 -> Headphone

Look into that perhaps.

Also, I think RPGWizard has the ZO2, perhaps he can tell you how it works in conjunction with sound cards.

Very best,

Uhhh, why all that equipment though? All three have some type of amplification....why not just get one thing to do the DAC and one thing to do the amplification...or just get a sound card that can do both? No need to have a Z02 and an E9.

Also not sure if the ZO2 can power the DT990s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back