Best 200 buck player
Feb 18, 2022 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

madmonkey

100+ Head-Fier
Looks like I'm going to have to save for a while till j get 200 bucks. Sound quality is my main goal. I don't care about looks or a HD screen . long as I can read display I'm happy it also can be plastic and ugly.I do like buttons rather then touch screen. What player should I look for?

Feb 18, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #11 of 17
The NW-A55 was the later model. This outlines the differences:
https://www.whathifi.com/us/reviews/sony-nw-a55l

They are lately discontinued, which is why they are so insanely expensive at Amazon, so you should pick one up fairly soon if you like Sony. That BestBuy link isn't likely to last; be sure to check the feedback on Japanese Ebay sellers.

Another good but discontinued player is the AK Jr, which you can find on Ebay for around $200. The interface is slow but the sound is good.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #13 of 17
I still have a Sansa Fuze (not the ridiculous Fuze +) which was better than the OG Clip, which I also had; whatever amp the Clip had was weaker. Unfortunately the Fuze's rubber back has deteriorated to the point where it needs to be covered with plastic wrap. But I have AK Jr and AK70, and both of them do sound better, as the Sony should.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back