Best 2.1 Speaker System for Under $100
Sep 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #16 of 25
I usually buy Monoprices "Premium" low cost cables.
Not sure how much, if any, the premium cables are better the regular cables, but it's the most I'm will to spend on cables.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021812&p_id=5578&seq=1&format=2

Nice part is if you can buy a bunch for low cost cables (or other small stuff) and the shipping price stays the same.
I'll buy 5 to 10 cables and/or small items at a time, ships cost can work out to $1 or even 50 cents per piece.

+1

Monoprice is the best place to buy speaker wire and other cables at a good price. :)

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #20 of 25
  got the speakers and set them all up. they're perfect!

and it was stupid easy to set up...i feel dumb for stressing over it at all.

thanks guys.

Excellent,

Remember that speaker placement plays a huge role in frequency response. The room is going to resonate and reflect differently everywhere. So if it sounds dead in one area, move to another and it might open up. Google up tips for room placement regarding speakers. It really does effect overall sound.

And enjoy!

Very best,

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #23 of 25
  the speaker came with some really thin 22 AWG speaker wire. if i get something like 16 AWG speaker wire, would the sound quality increase?

Nope,

In fact, it would do the opposite. Bigger is not better. Bigger, longer wires, present all kinds of new physics to an amplifier. The thinner the wire, with more current running through it, the hotter it will get. So for a very high powered setup, you want thicker cable to handle that amount of current, for thermal purposes. The longer a wire gets, the more resistance you're adding to it, which staves down current throughput. Basically you just want to use whatever thickness is necessary, thermally, and the minimal length necessary (and make sure your cables are of equal length while at it).

22 gauge is appropriate for a 20~30 watt amplifier.
I would use 16~12 gauge when looking at the 100~250+ watt ranges.

Very best,

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #24 of 25
the speaker came with some really thin 22 AWG speaker wire. if i get something like 16 AWG speaker wire, would the sound quality increase?

It's always possible it's not 100% copper but that cheap copper clad stuff. The 100% copper wire is not that expensive. Monoprice has it.

22 gauge 100% copper wire is fine for short runs. See the table on this page (gotta scroll way down). If you were to buy some, might as well get 18 gauge since the 22 is generally not that much cheaper.

Jan 20, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #25 of 25
wow great thread but ive been readin on amazon about the daytons, and alot of the fks there say the current version of daytons suck in SQ...so i guess daytons are no.more unless you bought an older version of the dayton.

Theres a manftr called Micca and has some good speakers but more expensive at 80 bucks i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back