Best 2.1 Speaker Set's??? Studio monitors???
Jan 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #17 of 21
The krk rp10-3 are just massive, I have the RP8's, which I like and they are pretty big already.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #18 of 21
I've got the 6s (no sub) and FWIW when I crank it up I can feel the bass in my chest (so can my neighbors). Also I use a dinner table as a computer desk cause these guys are absolutely massive.

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:
I have the KRK 8's and love them, you will not be let down at all. I will tell you this, go for a audio interface that has balanced outs, it makes a huge difference.

What do you think about the 8's as speakers just for listening to music? I have the 5's at the moment but probably going to upgrade at some point, and one option could be the Rokit 8's. A new set of active monitors would be more convenient than a stereo amp + passive hifi speakers.

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #21 of 21
I use my KRK's are great all around speakers, especially for music. I listen to a variety of music from Beastie Boys to Diana Krall, Led Zeppelin to Ray Charles, and Deamau5 to Gypsy Kings. In the past I always had a 2.1 set up, and was a bit hesitant of not having a sub. Fast forward to over a year later, I can't really say I miss having a sub at all. :) The only downside to the 8's is there size, they are not small. But man these guys are a great all around speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back