BEST 2.1 and 5.1 speaker system for under 150$?
Apr 10, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 6
Unfortunately, the Audioengines are neither 2.1, 5.1 or under $150.

If you're using it to play games, look into getting one of the simple 2.1 Logitech or Altec Lansing sets, get the best available for your price. You could do a lot better for music, but not at $150. These sets will provide you with passable sound and decent bass for your games.

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #4 of 6
Ok teren, thanks. I just need something descent because now i'm using my ****ty Acer h243h speakers that are 1.5 watts, which is terrible I has Astro a40s but they just broke after a year of no problems (right ear cup no sound)

Stupid question but Will 2.1 logitech speakers have better sound then a tube Tv speakers?

Best buy has the 2.1 and 5.1 logitech x540s for cheap so i guess i'll just pick one of those up. Thanks again.

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MC LeBron 23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stupid question but Will 2.1 logitech speakers have better sound then a tube Tv speakers?

I think that'll depend on what kind of room you're using it in. You said 'monitor', so I envisioned a pretty small room, in that case, yes, the speakers would be superior. If you're trying to fill a large living room with sound, your 50" TV could possibly have a more powerful speaker that can adequately fill the room with sound (not great sound, but sound) whereas I'm pretty sure the Logitech speakers won't do. At least, my Altec Lansings failed when I tried them in that situation -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back